CB Radio -Newbie

Having read the CB vs. FRS thread, I was wondering if there is any particular channel that is used (like channel 19 was on the highway, before all the wannabes started clogging it up).

Thanks,

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

Depends on where you are at. I got the idea of using CH 16 (4x4) from a run with the Nova Scotia Jeep club so use that around here too. Some use CH 5.

If there are loggers active, I run on their channel so they know we are running and we can locate them.

Mike

Bruce Yelen wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Channel 4 is probably the most commonly used (defacto standard?) offroad channel. :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Depends on the group. A lot of groups I know will run 19 on the highway for Jeep-a-vans, but then switch to Ch 4 (or 8, or 12, or 16) when they hit the trails.

Tirya

Reply to
Tirya

That's what my crew uses.

Reply to
Joseph P

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

For whatever reason, our West Virginia Bunch has always used 14.

Daren

Reply to
Daren McMorris

I never use my CB unless I am on the trail. If I am on the freeway and there is a traffic jam, then I will switch it on to find out what is going on.

Reply to
CRWLR

My club uses channel 4. There's been some effort to "standardize" on Ch4. More info on that here:

Ed J.

Reply to
Drink