CJ Gauge Question

I need to replace the voltmeter and oil pressure gagues in my '85 CJ-7, and don't want to order up the wrong gauges. I meaure the cutout to be

2", and lots of gauges are spec'd. out as either 2" or 2 1/16". Are they the same thing? does the 2 1/6" size add in the bezel, therefore the slightly larger diameter? Am I measuring the cutouts wrong, and the 'standard' gauge size is 2 1/16"?

My rebuild project is primarilly red and black and I'd really like to switch over to LED gauges here but don't want to have to enlarge the cutouts, and I don't want to order gauges that don't fit only to have to send 'em back.

Thanks for any input.

- Mike

Reply to
fairtide

This site should give you the specs for the gauges:

While you are swapping, I recommend a mechanical oil pressure gauge. It is nice to see what is 'really' going on with pressures.

My CJ7 Laredo came stock with the mechanical oil gauge.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: N>
Reply to
Mike Romain