Daystar Poly MML - vibrations are now annoying

Hi everybody, I had done the 1" MML last year and for some reason or the other ended up with Daystar MML which has the poly urethane bushing. Extra vibrations were initially okay, but now they are getting on my nerves a little. Is there anyway I can only replace the bushing to the rubber one (like the one offered by MORE). I don't want to pay for another MML and have it shipped to New Zealand from USA.

Any help would be appreciated. I have already asked Quadratec (where I bought them from) and there were of no help. Daystar has not even bothered replying to my email, twice.

I am just trying to find out if something like a OEM control arm bushing or something might fit the same size of metal circle in the Daystar MML? Any other bright ideas are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance. TW

--------- '01 TJ Renegade 4.0L Auto D30/D44

265/75R16 BFG Muds, JKS Quick Discos, OME Lift, 1" MML, 1" BL
Reply to
TW

Jerry Bransford

TW, I don't have an answer to your question but if I run into something I'll let you know - I'm in the market for bushings. Are all polyurethane (like Prothane) junk? I was just getting ready to order some bushings this week. Is rubber the way to go? Steve in Michigan

Reply to
popeyeball

Personally, I'd never install poly unless that's all that was available. I use rubber whenever I can, it generally outlasts the vehicle.

Jerry

p> TW,

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Thanks Jerry for your input. Unfortunately, it costs me about USD 100 to buy new ones and then have another USD 100 to have them shipped to New Zealand. As such if I can find a cheaper solution such as uisng control arm bushing, that is what I want to try first. I just do not know what the bushing dimensions are for Daystar, without taking one off and measuring. If I can't find anything else and I am buying other things as well, I will definitely go to MORE.

Cheers TW

TW wrote:

Reply to
TW

Steve, its not that they are junk. Its just that poly bushings are too hard for my liking and are making all engine vibrations come into the cab / frame. I would say if you can find good quality rubber ones, that would be the way to go unless you like vibrations.

TW

Reply to
TW

Oh well, I have learned that lesson now....

TW

Jerry

p> TW,

Reply to
TW

Can you buy them from an Australian vendor? Would that save you anything?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Nice thought, but in reality no. Aussie vendors have such high margins for Jeep parts + they also import from US, it all works out cheaper to avoid them. I will be getting a SYE and driveshaft within the next 6/12 months, I can live with a little bit of engine vibrations for now if there is no other cheaper solution.

Thanks TW

Earle

Reply to
TW

It almost sounds as if you could take a vacation trip to Las Vegas, bring the parts back in a suitcase, and come out even! If you have a parts counter person who is bored or extremely helpful, maybe you could get something locally. I think that there is no alternative for that, except to take one of the Daystar bushings out and measure it. You indicated before that Daystar has been less than helpful, but you could try asking them for the measurements. "Dear Daystar, I am fed up with your pos urethane bushings. Can you please give me the measurements so that I can look for rubber replacements elsewhere?"

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Or maybe get a 'cousin' in the states to send you a Christmas present.

Reply to
Billy Ray

The shipping is going to get you either way. My daughter's in-laws sent them some stuff from France, and it cost a mint to ship it. Now if we want anything from Europe, we beg someone to put it in their luggage. In a family economy, a little guilt or an old favor goes a long way. I bought some German DVDs from Amazon Germany, and the postage was more than the cost of the DVDs.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Ooh, that would be nice. As for Daystar, well my email was a sanitised version of pretty much what Earle said.

I'll live for now if there is no easy way of doing this.

TW

Reply to
TW

Yes I know. I factor in the shipping at about the same as the price.

TW

Earle

Reply to
TW