destroying an XJ

Hmmmm, now I know what to do with my old XJ....

Bill Kearney

don't get it ? ruining what "seemed" like a running vehicle... pretty stupid. if I could have rated it negative stars, I would have. for all I know though it was on its last legs anyways

Reply to
Dave

Here's the explanation they give as to why they ruined it:

his jeep had failed its MOT and it was not economically viable to repair (completely rusted underneath) also none of us wanted the hasle ... all » of breaking it . Rather than just take it straight to the breakers we decided to have some fun with it first and see what it could do if realy pushed , all the driving you see in the video was on private land , after the destruction , the jeep and crap that fell off were low loaded to a local scrap metal merchant and it weighed in at just under 3 tons , for which we received £110 . Also we made sure that the kids you see in the vid were stood out the way on what ever run we were going to try . It would have kept on going had the transmission pipe not split , a super damm tough XJ «

Reply to
griffin

Reply to
Dave

What did this ...durability... test take place, it seems this video has been floating around a bit.

Reply to
billy ray

They indicate it failed it's MOT, that's what a vehicle inspection in the UK is called. It's done by the Ministry Of Transportation, this "MOT". That and there's a UK-style license plate visible on it. They basically beat the crap out of an XJ that could no longer pass inspection. One last trip before going to the "breaker" aka junk yard. Looked like a fair bit of fun!

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Absolutely spot on, except the Ministry was renamed the Department of the Environment several decades ago :-)

Dave Milne