evaporation Cannister

Reply to
Jim85CJ

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Well....

That likely means your engine is getting a bit tired then. You might want to go up a thickness in oil, especially in hot weather.

The PCV rattles freely right?

I know folks that switch to the K+N air filters (oil soaked type) so they don't have to worry about the oil wrecking the paper filter when they get old like that.

Have you done a compression test? That will give you an idea on the ring wear. Test it dry, then put a shot of oil in the plug hole and test it again. If it comes up lots, the rings are tired.

Even so, both of my engines have occasionally puked a pile of oil into the air filter on a long hard trip. I think the PCV's maybe get sticky now and then. My old engine was put away with 145 psi all across and this engine is the same.

Mike

Jim85CJ wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain