Best FENDER FLARE ??

Hi, I own a 98 TJ and because of my 33 tires aren't legal for street use, I need to replace my stock fender flares. My question is which one must I buy: Bestop, Bushwacker, ...? Appreciate any help.

Mike

Reply to
Miguel Cunha

Mike, I have had the Bestops on my 98TJ for several years and they have been great with 33x12.5 BFGs. As you know, these are slightly rounded and bulging in profile compared to stock. Bushwackers have externally visible bolts. You can't go wrong with either one. Just pick the style you like! Regards,

Guri

Reply to
sandhug

I have a brand new set of the Bushwackers without the external bolts that I'd be willing to sell if you're interested. They look same as stock but are wider. I never got around to putting them on my '98 before trading in for a WJ.

Reply to
gwdiener

Reply to
twaldron

I see and have Bushwacker flares (the Pocket style) installed on client (new Jeep dealers) Jeeps all the time because many of my customers like their looks. But in my opinion, they're the cheapest made and the most likely to break of any of them. I've had Tera, Bestop, and Warn flares on my own Jeep and would use any of them before Bushwacker. Warn's and Tera's (not sure if Tera still sells them though) are the same exact flare and are the strongest of them all in my opinion.

Jerry

twaldr> Those two are great choices. If you go with the Bushwacker Pocket

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Guys, thanks for your input and Jerry nice to "ear" from you again. You know, here in Portugal is very difficult (and expensive) to get all kind of goodies for my TJ, so I need all the help I can get from the group.

In fact I have the same opinion about the Bushwackers: the look is great but it seams that they'll break if lean against a tree or a rock, so I'll try to take a look on the Warn or Bestop ones.

Thanks and drive safely,

Miguel Cunha (in Portugal)

Reply to
MC4