Good use for scrap metal

If you look closely you will notice that these have already been popped! (lol) I do have another one I made with the primers still intacked (bullets and powder been removed), going to make new shaft for transfer case and put it on that shaft.

Tom

Reply to
cantrellm

You could probably make a little $$ selling those. Especially with the popularity of anything that says West Coast Choppers or Jesse James on it.

Kevin Sperle

Thanks Bob!

Tom

Reply to
cantrellm

Hey Kevin, that is where I got the idea in the first place. I contacted the guy who makes Jesse's for him to start with, and he wanted $245.00 to do it for me. So I got the boys out in our shop to do it for free out of scrap. Not sure if it would be infringing on his copy right to sell them, as his stuff he has copy righted is for motorcycles!!

Tom

Reply to
cantrellm

IMHO anyone with kids under the age of 10 shouldn't even install carpet. You should see my living room.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:25:53 -0400, "cantrellm" shared the following:

Oh, dude. That is SWEET!!!

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:50:06 -0400, "TJim" shared the following:

Only this: :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

That sure wouldn't fit my CJ7!

That is a YJ plate!

Mike

travis wrote:

Mike Romain

Dude, THANKS!!! It gets kind of cold in the winter time though. (lol)

Tom

Reply to
cantrellm

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:20:39 -0400, Mike Romain shared the following:

It looks exactly like the plate I have in my CJ-5 now and it at least says: Jeep CJ5 CJ7 CJ8 Shifter plate and boot Here's what's currently in my CJ-5. I realize the boot on the tranny shifter is not the correct one:

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

OMG Travis. Is that plumbing pipe insulation that I see on the stick shifts? LOL!!! That's can't be stock.

## ## #### #### #### #### #### #### ######### ######## ####################### ##############

Reply to
Peter Parker

It is a mirror image of the one in the link, like I said, it is a YJ one.

Mike

travis wrote:

Mike Romain

On 22 Oct 2003 17:50:21 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@zero.com (Peter Parker) shared the following:

Yeah, I think it is. I'm leaving it on the xfer case shifter handle for now because it helps push the boot down for a little bit better seal. I'm leaving it on the tranny shifter for now because...um... OK, so I don't have a reason for that one other than laziness. Sue me. ;-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Ok, you have something strange.....

My CJ7 is a mirror image of that! I just went and looked....

Mike

travis wrote:

Mike Romain

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:53:06 -0400, Mike Romain shared the following:

Odd. Oh well, it fits my CJ ok except for the funky boot I have on my xfer case shifter right now. Maybe I can make it work for me by using the boot included. If not I guess I'll sell it on ebay and look some more. I wonder why the item is listed as one for cj5, cj7, cj8. Do you have a picture of what the plate and boots are supposed to look like? Thank you.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

* * * Matt Macchiarolo

Matt Macchiarolo

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:05:15 -0400, Mike Romain shared the following:

You mean your xfer case shifter is on the left and your tranny shifter on the right?

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:05:15 -0400, Mike Romain shared the following:

Check this out:

one is listed as a shifter plate for a Wrangler, '87-'95. YJ was'86-95 according to:
plate looks nothing at all like the one I bid on through ebay.Are you sure that maybe you don't have the wrong plate in your Jeep?Thank you.