hard top fits ???

hi,

can anybody tell me which model years of TJ my 2000 TJ original hard top would fit ???

thanks, mike.

Reply to
mike
97-01. 02 changed the position of the windshield frame clamps, I think.
Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I have an 04 hard top on my 99, fits fine. I would think the 2000 top would fit all TJ series (except the Unlimited of course).

Jerry S.

Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

I stand corrected then, I seem to remember there is something about the later windshields that's different, maybe it's all that plastic.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

One thing I did have to do is remove the metal strips that hold the front of the bikini top. The clamps would not fit around them. I just remembered that this morning after some coffee hit the system. I added the bikini top hardware myself so there is a chance I had it mounted incorrectly, but it looked like it was in the right place (there were no instructions and the top worked fine).

JS

Reply to
Jerry Slaughter