Heated seat fault - 96 ZJ

The drivers side heated seat on my 96 ZJ has stopped working although the passenger side works fine. I recall seeing a post a while back to the effect that a common weak point was where the power wire connected to the seat heater mesh as it was constantly being flexed through use of the seat. The solution was to re-solder this connection.

I am not sure where this connection is located or how to get at it. Anyone got any schematics to e-mail or can point me to a detailed guide on the web?

Thanks

Frank

Reply to
Frank Pell

mic canic

Do the resistor wires wear out from the heat of extended use or do they fail because of a fault in the grid usually?

If from extended use, new resistor wire can be bought by the foot and crimped in.

Just a thought...

Mike

mic canic wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
mic canic

Something like a burned fuse link wire then.

Di you know what the resistance for the grid should be so folks could meter it to see if it is still good?

I'll bet a $2.00 piece of resistor wire and a couple crimps is a pile cheaper than a new unit.

Mike

mic canic wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain