I give up. For sale: 89 XJ Cherokee Limited

89 Jeep XJ 4.0 auto (includes 40 chan. CB radio with dual 4' antennas).
Random cutting out while driving, has stalled completely, road speed not
a factor.
Stalling at idle (acts/ smells flooded on restart ... sometimes.)
Replaced: fuel pump, Ignition module, IAC, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter, plugs, rotor, cap, plug wires.
Have purchased but not installed: timing chain set, camshaft, lifters (has valve train noise and the latest set of probs has dried up my savings).
$1000.00 for all or trade for pre-computerized car or light truck.
I'm tired of walking or begging rides.
email mr snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Budd
Budd Cochran wrote:

Sheesh. :/ about only thing left is the coil. The one time I had a coil problem is was acting up when warm. I even tested the damn thing with a multimeter. Everything checked out ok but I eventually had to take the heep to the stelership. That's when they showed me the spark strength chedcking doodad. and told me that the ohm reading didn't mean shit. Got one of these now. http://amzn.com/B0002STSC6
--
DougW

On 4/11/2015 12:41 AM, DougW wrote:

Coil checked good both by ohm meter and by spark test.
If I get it running, it's gone ... I just spent two more days in the hospital because of running after parts for it (got two stents back in Feb.).
Budd