Jeep Realiability

Probably because the Europeans haven't compared you guys to us! ;-)

OTOH, every time I took a group of US retail service people to tour London or the Jaguar factories in the Midlands the Brits always enjoyed the spontaneous antics of the Americans. (Explaining the expense reports when I got home was another matter!) One of my mates in Coventry described on of our guests as a Brit's nightmare: an Australian by birth, with US citizenship, of Irish descent!

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

My father is a Scot, but he didn't go on that trip. The Scots are great people. The food is so-so. :)

Reply to
Scooby Don't

What do you mean?! Here in the USA we can spend Billions in a single day! :>

Reply to
Scooby Don't

The Scots were absolutely wonderful and fascinating to sit and chat with, even if I couldn't understand half what they said most of the time. One old geezer who lived in the neighborhood near the pub told Brit jokes and had me in stitches. (He might have been the guy re-skinning the 400 chairs for all in know.) Aren't Glasgowites called "Glaswegians", Dave?

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Yeah they are a riot. I stayed in Glasgow and I like it but the Scots over in Edinburgh hate each other. I was chatting with one guy and he said we like Gallons not Litres, Miles and not Kilometres. He had a few choice things to say about the English. Great people the Scots.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

Glaswegians are called "weegies", or "keelies". It's best not to call them the latter to their faces heh heh.

numerous jokes exist about them e.g.

"what do you call a weegie man wearing a suit ? (the Accused)"" "what do you call a weegie women wearing a shell suit ? (the Bride)"

etc etc

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > >I think my ancestral people are waiting for Mel Gibson to come back & : lead : > >'em again. : > >

: > >I was in Glasgow back in '99 and ambled into a local pub. When the locals : > >found out I was a Yank of Scottish descent I never bought another : beer..er, : > >ale, er lager. Funny, though, I couldn't understand a single word some of : > >'em said! : >

: > My father is a Scot, but he didn't go on that trip. The Scots are : > great people. The food is so-so. :) : >

: >

: > >> >Hah, sort of. We now have a Scottish parliament (good start), but it : > >would : > >> >appear we are incapable of governing ourselves (bad news). The : parliament : > >> >decided they need a nice new building to meet in (not that Edinburgh : is : > >> >exactly short of fine buildings), so they set about building one for : 40 : > >> >million quid. The total cost so far (and it isnt complete) is 400 : million : > >> >quid. A friend of a friend got the contract for covering 400 chairs : with : > >> >leather, which had to be an exotic foreign leather. Having completed : the : > >400 : > >> >chairs, he got the contract again to do the same chairs with a : slightly : > >> >different shade of exotic leather. Half way through, some "numpty" : > >decided : > >> >that they had forgotten to mention that the building should be bomb : proof : > >> >allegedly. : > >> >As Scotland has only 5 million people, per head of population that : would : > >be : > >> >equivalent of of 35 billion US on one building.. : > >>

: > >> I was over in Scotland oh more than a few years back and the Parliment : > >> building was under construction back then! You mean they still haven't : > >> finished it? When I was there it was not even a framework. : > >>

: > >>

: > >>

: > >> >

: > >> >Dave Milne, Scotland : > >> >'99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : > >> >

: > >> >: > -- : > >> >: > Dave Milne, Scotland : > >> >: > '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : > >> >: >

: > >> >: > : > -- : > >> >: > : > Dave Milne, Scotland : > >> >: > : > '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : > >> >: > : >

: > >> >: > : > : > Dave Milne, Scotland : > >> >: > : > : > '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : > >> >: > : > : >

: > >> >: > : > : >

: > >> >: > : > : : > >> >: > : > : : > >> >: > : >

: > >> >: > : >

: > >> >: > : : > >> >: > : : > >> >: >

: > >> >: >

: > >> >: : > >> >: : > >> >

: > >>

: > >

: >

: :

Reply to
Dave Milne

They were comparing Brits to French.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

That would be the Pentagon renovation (not the part caused by the attack).

Brian

guess bureaucrats are bureaucrats the world over..

Reply to
Dave Milne

If they weren't, they'd have to get jobs and actually work to earn a living.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge