Lockers

Greetings.

I have an 86 Cherokee (2.5L manual) with what I believe to be an AMC

20 rear end. I want to put a locker in it. Can someone direct me to one that will fit that axle? As well, what are the best as far as air, electric or mechanical. Also what might be the axle in front, Dana 30 perhaps?

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

It's probably the D35 rear axle. Your best bet is a Lockright or other 'lunchbox' locker.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

I have a 95 Wrangler with a D35, and it is not the same axle.

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

I'm going to look at it now, you may be right. I don't know. Chrysler

8.25?

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

I do believe your right. I think I'll look into Aussie lockers.

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Its a D35

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Its the same as my yj

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

I know in my prior post I said it was not the same as my yj, but I took a closer look, and it is. D30 up front. I also own a 2006 GC limited, 4.7 litre. What axle would that have?

Greg

Reply to
jerryg
06 GC probably has the aluminum D44, but that's just a guess. I have heard good things about the Lockright, but nothing about the aussie locker.

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

I want to go as cheap as possible. It is just light off roading I do. The Aussie set up is 460.00 for both axles. Sounds good to me!!

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Wow. Where have you found that price?

Carl

Reply to
Carl S

Their website

Reply to
jerryg

round:

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

D35 and D30 229.00 each

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

Too bad they don't offer one for the 8.25.

Carl

round:

Reply to
Carl S

round:

I can't find info on 06 GC rear end.

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

It looks like it's the aluminum dana 44 to me.

Carl

round:

Reply to
Carl S

round:

Were are you looking?

Greg

Reply to
jerryg

round:

Where**

Reply to
jerryg

Actually, it looks like the standard axle was a '213MM Rear' (probably a corp. axle) and the D44 is a upgrade.