New Jeep tops

OK, I heard that they *SUCK* with a capital *SUCK* and that they are nothing but trouble. Apparently the engineers who designed it were smoking crack and their salespeople were picked up from off of the street corner and resort to tactics as stupid as spamming newsgroups to get their crap product to sell. Stay away from it, dude! Glad I could help! :-D

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Holy crap! With all that "stuff" piled up in the back, you might as well not have a top! Who's going to spend that much on a top when it takes 30 seconds to put down a Bestop and it virtually disappears? Half of us run around with just a bikini top on most of the summer, anyway...

Reply to
TJim

If you are going to spam newsgroups, at least be honest about the fact that you are selling the spammed products, not that you are looking for them. This tactic will not earn you a favorable reputation.

At the very least use a different email address so it's not so obvious that you are spamming.

Having looked at your site at jeeptop.net, I don't think your product would appeal to most in this group, since (a) it's added weight and compexity, (b) it would severely curtail rear visibility when down, and (c) it costs as much as a complete quality 4" TJ lift, which is much more useful for off-roading.

Most if not all of the subscribers to ramj+w have a better-than-average mechanical aptitude and can easily negotiate their way around a standard Jeep soft top. It would be better to market your product to the owners of such Jeeps as can be found at

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Which would explain why there are so many more Jeeps than tractors on farms since '41, eh? :-)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Most, if not all?????

Have you forgotten Joshua already?

Perhaps "many" would be more accurate.

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Well, after he went after twaldron's business interests in another forum, I don't think you'll be seeing him around here anymore. Hope as much, anyway.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Actually, he was towing a 4000lbs load behind his CJ and is no longer with us...

Reply to
Joe

Those were really nasty cars. They had the most evil polluting stinky engines I have ever come across.

Reply to
Dave Milne