new wrangler - ug

That is the way I understood it also.

Chris

I figure anything those Bozos do is just going to increase the potential collector value of my Jeep. If I take good care of it, as I plan to do, my heirs stand to make a pile of money out of a "non-lifted, non-hacked, original condition" 1995 Wrangler.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

The United States of American may have won the battles, but we lost World War II. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

That and the State of Kalifornia makes anything built before 1976 worth thirty thousand. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Oh, I see the confusion now, it's a very clumsily written sentence.

What he SHOULD have said was something like "The 2006 Wrangler is the last SUV to be offered only as a two door, starting next year both two and four door models will be offered."

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

The writer is from Chicago, if he went to the local schools he is lucky to be able to read and write at all...

Reply to
billy ray

When the 2001 model year was done, Jeep Cherokee production was ended at Toledo South Assembly Plant . That part of the old Willys-Overland plant was torn down. When the 2006 Wrangler model year was over, the rest of the plant was closed and the rest of the building slated for teardown. The eliimination of the in-line 6 will end its production at the old AMC Kenosha Engine Plant. I do not know what product is left in Kenosha.

The Liberty and new 4 door Wrangler are assembled in Toledo North Assembly Palnt. This is visible north of I-75 near the intersection with I-280. This is famous for having the body-in-whie and paint departments outsourced.

The Grand Cherokee is assembled in the Jefferson North Assembly Plant, the only auto assembly plant in Detoit.

Reply to
Jim Peck

I worked for a couple of years at the old Chrysler Mound Road Engine plant, now razed. The 318 V8, 3.9L V6, and cast iron and cast aluminum V10 engines were made at MRE.

The V10 assembly has moved to the Conner Avenue Viper Plant.

In some sort of political deal, Chrysler Mack Avenue Engine Plants ! and 2 were built on the site of a former stamping plant in Detroit. Mack 1 which builds the 4.7L V8, the replacment for the 318 went into production in 2001. Mack 2 builds the 3.7L V6, the replacment for the

3.9L V6 and 4.0L I6, and went on-line at the end of 2002.

Indianapolis Foundry is now mostly torn down. I believe engine blocks are being imported.

Chrysler seems to be getting rid of legacy plants with "difficult" UAW locals.

Reply to
Jim Peck

Last time I was in Kenosha the AMC final assembly plant was a park.

I drove past the Willys Toledo plant recently, non of it looked torn down but most of it looked idle, though there were lots of new Jeeps in the parking lots. IIRC the Wrangler production was also transferred to the Toldeo North plant when it opened, but I might be wrong.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I agree, and since I know for a fact that the 2007 Wrangler is available with two or four doors, and I have seen both versions driving my locale, this would be logical.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

The engine plant is still here in Kenosha. According to this, they make the

3.5L and 2.7L V6's:

Last time I was at the local dealer, I was told that Daimler was contemplating bringing a Hemi line to Kenosha. Of course, that info was from a sales droid, and before $3.00/gal gasoline...

-John

Reply to
John Sevey

This does not say that the two door will be cancelled. It says that the

2006 model is the last with ONLY two doors. The 2007 model has two doors OR four doors. Nowhere does it say that it will become ONLY FOUR doors. As it won't. There should be a two door liberty. You can get two door Grand Vitara's overseas. Not very grand that way. They should change the name.
Reply to
Jd Lyall