SWB series 3 wheel size

Having gone slightly nuts over the weekend I purchased myself a petrol SWB series 3 Land rover. I lasted almost 3 years this time without owning a land rover ! I need to get a new set of rims for it, as the ones fitted are some what rotten. The tyres all seem to be pretty good they are size 205/ 80 by R16 can some one out there give me an idea as to what size rims I need to be able to use these tyres with them. Many thanks in advance GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

The question has been answered, apparently the 205 80 R16 tyres can be fitted to either 16 by 6 wheel or 16 by 7 and even one in-between .

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

4.5" rims are too narrow - it's horrible! You should find it easy to get good used RRC or Disco 1 rims both of which will fit the bill.
Reply to
Dougal

On or around Wed, 25 Feb 2009 23:12:59 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

LR official info back in late SIII days was that vehicles fitted with 600x16 tyres could be retro-fitted with 205R16 as per the Range Rover. No mention of different rims, so they'd have been standard SWB rims.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Be careful there. Some RR rims (the rostyle ones for instance) won't fit as the centres foul on the Land Rover hubs. Also check what tyres were recommended, I don't think 205/80 was a recommended size and having the wrong tyres fitted can invalidate your insurance. Full profile 205s are OK its the /80 bit that sounds wrong.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Rogers

80 is full profile in a radial and for that reason is normally omitted.

ie 205/80R16 = 205R16

Reply to
EMB

Didn't know that, but thanks to afl I do now :-)

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Many thanks to you all , i never new how complicated it could be trying to get the right size rims for tires. it was easy on the LWB, that had 7.50 16 fitted, they had so much tread on them i never did have to change them. Cheers GGJ

Reply to
GGJ