Newbie to Jeep mods questions

I do a great deal of car work, but only recently have I started tinkering with a Jeep... it's my brother's, a 1994 Wrangler YJ. Now while I don't forsee any issues here, I do have two questions of concern to me.

First, where does one go to purchase actual manufacturer service manuals for a Jeep? Helm Publishing is where I normally go for such things, but I guess they don't do anything with Jeeps and so I'm not sure if this is simply something that can be solved by a visit to the dealer's parts department or if some other source is more ideal.

Second, who are the big names in retail sales of aftermarket Jeep parts? I buy a lot of parts from Summit and PAW for my cars, and they do sell Jeep parts, but I'm wondering if a better selection can be had elsewhere. J.C. Whitney seems to sell everything under the sun... does anyone have any experience with ordering from them? Is there a better source to be had?

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

Bryan

Reply to
The Hurdy Gurdy Man

some sites to try

Good luck and enjoy!

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

Bryan, I picked up my service manual from these people. For the most part i am very pleased, but some pages are a little light because it was a reprint.

Also for jeep parts -
- good people, great service, higher prices
- ok, only ordered once from them napa - my buddy works there and i can get decent discounts(brakes, belts, misc parts, etc...)
- loads of parts and many at great prices and good condition

Good Luck

Glenn

Reply to
gjk