princess di's

them now they are

lomger used to

per barrel thats

by the end of summer

down ashphalt

Reply to
tim bur

I'm sure you meant to say something along the lines of 'radiant energy"..not carbon....

Reply to
Nick

results in about a 10

given to each new

and use up 1/4

save a few

and hear about it

Reply to
tim bur

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

hours on the dot to get

results in about a 10

thats given to each new

monday and use up 1/4

going to save a few

everyday and hear about it

70mph * 3h = 210 miles 55mph * 3h = 165 miles

10 additional minutes will only get you 7.3 more miles or 172.3 miles.

Your math is flawed.

Norman

Reply to
Norman

A bleeding heart liberal...well, well. Lets see what the conservatives have done since they have been in power.

We are in a war with no planned way of winning it. We have frightened the daylights out of Iraq's neighbor, Iran, so that they now feel compelled to build nuclear weapons and have the capability of delivering them just about anywhere.

North Korea is a wild card, who knows what is next from them.

After all they a part of Bush's "axis of evil." (Like calling someone you don't like a name is going to make them improve.)

We just had a major world power, China, threaten to nuke us.

Our southern and northern borders are wide open to just about anyone.

How many jobs now have been outsourced?

Large international oil companies pretty doing what they please. (Please don't let the government interfere with them.)

I just don't much more of this good the country can take....

I don't know about the rest of you all, but for my money, I would much rather see Bill and Monica together again. (Bill Clinton that is!)

So bleeding heart liberals commit adultery, and conservatives thinks they can kick anyone's butt.

I am sure that I left something out here, but you all can fill in the blanks.

And, now, this takes all, Bill Hughes is talking physical and organic chemistry like he knows what he is talking about! Personally when I see a tree, I don't see carbon. I see a great life form that I want to hug. ;^)

Folks we don't have a chance if this is the best our civilization can do.

Larry

Reply to
larry

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

No, we've won a war and have trouble pinning down the insurgents. Remember that the regime we went to war with is no longer in power. We're no longer fighting them, but outside forces attempting to thwart our efforts. There is a huge difference.

BTW, they had a nice winning strategy when the went into Rowanda. I can vividly remember seeing the marines being met by CNN camera crews while they made an amphibious landing. Now how did that leak out? They looked bewildered...

They should be frightened, and we should make them next if they continue.

Lots of talk, but mostly fear. China will put them in check if they get too hostile. They're too close and have too much to lose...

Before I've ever been in a fight, I felt it always made my job easier taunting the victim. Bush is a smart man.

Who ever said they were a MAJOR world power? They're only suspected as being powerful. We don't yet know. BTW, wasn't China's nuclear threat under the Clinton era?

And the liberals and conservatives alike want it that way. Try and shut them down and watch both sides come at you for it.

Good ole' Clinton signed NAFTA, opening the flood gates.

Oil companies had little input on the growing demand for oil in China.

And you think this country can't? Do you feel Hanoi Jane was a traitor or a hero? Just curious...

A tree hugger? That explains it!

Liberalism and softness has led to the decline of many a civilization. Don't let it happen to the US. Stay with what got us here and it'll keep giving it to us. Alter the course, and we're headed in the wrong direction.

Reply to
Ruel Smith

Jet fuel costs an airline less than the distributors to FBO's pay per gallon. Part of that is quantity, but airlines have several distribution fees waived. Subsidy? You tell me.

If it's on the ramp and has a diesel engine it runs the available fuel, which is Jet A. It's cheaper and simpler. That's why there are no more gasoline engines in ground support service. At one time there was a lubricity issue, but most Jet A conforms to JP-8 specs for that now anyway, which are the same as for DF-1.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Ruel you are making some sense here. If you are making the point that both political parties are at fault in getting us to where we are, I would agree. But here are a couple of comments back to you..

What I detest is being considered a "bleeding heart liberal" just because I work at a university. Being employed at a university is due to a choice of professions and not a political philosophy.

My choice of professions does not determine my politics, but maybe to some degree, my education does because it helps me to think things through and certainly not brand individuals with vulgar terms like "tree hugger" or "bleeding heart liberal". But an education does not necessarily mean that I am "bleeding heart liberal."

Just for your information, what Jane Fonda did was absolutely stupid. Whether or not she was a traitor, well I will leave that one for the legal profession to determine. In no way was she a hero.

In a previous post the "greatest generation" was mentioned. Fortunately for them, they have a social security plan to help them in their old age. So the "greatest generation" has certainly benefited from that liberal cause and they deserve it.

You speak of "liberalism and softness", need you be reminded that FDR, a liberal president, got us into the second world war.

Remember, the another liberal President LBJ got us got us involved in Vietnam because he believe in the domino theory that if South Vietnam went communist, then Cambodia, Thialand, and other SE nations would follow.

One was a good decision and the other.....

So I don't think your observation about liberalism and softness holds up to reality.

really caused by the destruction of the middle class. That was certainly true in the decline of the Roman Empire. They kicked a whole lot of butt in the known world and it eventually drained their treasury dry trying to defend their over stressed borders..

I don't understand the reasoning that going around the world and kicking butt and bullying nations is making this country strong.

Anyway, some of the individuals in this group are getting way to polarized and inciteful with their comments. I thought that this group was about Jeeps a vehicle that both bleeding heart liberals and pious conservatives can enjoy.

Larry

Reply to
larry

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Call the local FBO and ask where they get fuel, then call them and tell them you want 5000 gallons. You will be quoted 30 cents or more per gallon higher than what airlines are paying. (That figure you will have to find out on your own....they don't tell the public, you'll need contacts.)

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

Bill,

And the economy needs the middle class to both manufacture and buy those products (and as you say, pay my salary). What everyone should be concerned about more than anything is the destruction of the middle class in this country. Whether or not that is actually happening depends upon who you talk to.

BTW, I am not a professor, I am a librarian and like you I work for a living. And like you I drive a jeep for enjoyment.

And soon I will be taking advantage of the great "liberal bleeding heart' program of social security which makes me thankful for bleeding heart liberals everywhere.

Both Eisenhower and Kennedy sent advisors to Vietnam. Only LBJ was ill advised to send in troups. Both Eisenhower and Kennedy were smart enough to stay out of it.

Larry

Reply to
larry

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

in about a 10

Check your math, Einstein....

and use up 1/4

hear about it

Your logic is as flawed as your math. If I fill up once a day, or once a month, my car gets the same fuel mileage. I'd say demand is the same...

down ashphalt

bllsht

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I want names dude..? you made a lame ass claim that anyone who works in aviation knows is greatly false, let alone people who know nothing about planes.. so again which airlines are using jet fuel in their ramp vehicles?

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

The Greatest Generation recognized that Germany and Japan actually *were* taking over the world. Hussien just talked about it, never actually tried, the Iran war notwithstanding.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo