Oil prices got you down?

Yep, he did. We didn't go after him until he invaded Kuwait, though. At the time, do you think we should have invaded when he gassed the Kurds?

and continued

Which we didn't bother to verify except through questionable third-party channels.

Kind of like W's ANG service records :-)

He

Nice try at proving a negative. I am unable/refuse to document the disposal of the money from the bank robbery...does that mean I stole it?

Remember when the official Iraqi accounting of all its weapons development activities was released in early '03 as per the UN resolutions? It was thousands of pages of documents. The ink hadn't even had a chance to dry before the White House was calling it a book of lies. I wonder who was the White House speed-reader....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

No, his fellow Arabs should have.

How were we to verify? Please remind me what inspections he agreed to..

There are surviving records and personal recollections of fellow pilots. You can write to the records depot in St Louis for records. If he was paid he had to be there.... at least on payday... The only credible evidence I have heard is that he failed to take a flight physical. On the other hand the media has a whole collection of FORGED and manufactured evidence that their own people knew was false but they used anyway.

Government bureaucracies excist on paperwork. I wouldn't dispose of government property without an order to do so and neither would "Chemical Ali"

I imagine that they had drafts and advanced copies. It is routine.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

OK, I get it now. You're an idiot.

price of gas at

month so you do

at the end of the

Please don't tell people that...

offers the lowest

results in about a 10

given to each new

and use up 1/4

save a few

and hear about it

reducing a higher

and keep our

cut down ashphalt

down after 3

bllsht

As far as I know, they used coloured (dyed) diesel fuel at 0% road tax. Also known as farm fuel. The same fuel that trucking companies use for their shunt trucks, refer units and gen-sets.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

Brian,

What's the deal with this ban on idling, is this going to become widespread? What are you going to do in northern Ontario when it is -40 in the winter?

Reply to
Billy Ray

This "idling ban" thing is a complete farce.

Fortunately in Ontario, trucks need only to comply with emissions testing and can idle. As you point out, temperatures can dip to -40 C/F and reach as high as 35C (100F)... and let me tell you, it can be a lot hotter than that sitting a truck stop with the heat from the asphalt, radiant heat from other vehicles and no cross breeze when parked between other trucks. Our company has adopted a common sense approach to idling. Our trucks are equipped with satellites that monitor idling among other things. The truck enters violation after ten minutes in cold weather and three minutes in warm weather. The truck will shut off after ten minutes in either case. There are ways to 'trick' the system and keep it idling but it's not necessary for us. The company used to be very rigid about idling and drivers could lose a percentage of their bonus but the cost of "investigating" each and every circumstance outweighs the savings. They don't want drivers on the dock for

4 hours unloading while the truck idles but they do understand sitting in queue in unbearable heat or cold.

And now the farce... every state has their own interpretation on idling.

The solution? APU's - Auxiliary Power Units APU's are small diesel generators that provide 120V power supply for power tools, appliances etc. 60A to recharge your trucks batteries. Engine block heater for those extreme climates and a cab controlled HVAC system. They are stand alone systems that mount on the side of the frame and can conceivably pay for themselves through fuel savings alone inside of two years.

Pay for themselves in two years? Yep, it's a good thing too because environmental do-gooders want to ban them as well starting 2007.

No doubt, there will soon be a hand picked elite force named the "Three-Minutemen" patrolling a truck stop near you.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

Ohhhh, what am I missing out on? Please explain this comment.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Cherokee-Ltd did pass the time by typing:

In the US, yes. In other countries, not always. Ever wondered why the BMW and other European car makes come with heated seats, steering wheels, shifters, etc. That's because in most of Europe it's illegal to let your car idle to warm up (or to keep it warm while you run in for something). If your not in the car and the car is not moving the engine must be off.

Not that I agree, but that's the law over there and the fine is substantial.

That and the price they pay for fuel.. yeeeeowtch!

I've got a piece of cardboard that blocks off the radiator for Colorado winter trips. Some folks I know actually installed bypass valves and just use the heater core inside, still others switched to electrical fans they can shut off and installed insulation in the engine bay.

The most interesting solution was a huge heat reservoir. Almost an additional five gallons of antifreeze in a super insulated tank that fed from the heater core. It kept heat long after the engine was shut off and made warm-up in the morning much quicker.

Reply to
DougW

China's nowhere near buying most of the oil. In 10 years, that will change....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

There are only a couple states that specifically allow you to run your reefers when you aren't driving according to the links and only 2 states that exempt emergency vehicles.

I wonder if the mayor's and governor's limousines are allowed to idle to keep the interiors comfortable for their occupants.

I've seen a few places that offer shore lines but I imagine they are few and far between.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

?? UK doesn't use the Euro, Bill....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

"Despite the government's decision to stay out of the euro for now, the government has published its third National Changeover Plan for possible entry in the future."

Like I said, Bill, the UK DOES NOT use the Euro. Where did I say they never would?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Since when does that matter to Bill? ;-)

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Ok, you'll have to forgive my shaky understanding of American politics, but isnt the thing Bush is pushing for ( the Free Trade Area of the Americas ) an extension of NAFTA ?

Dave Milne

The Demoncrats want all the good paying jobs lost to slave-labor Red Chinese companies because it makes the fewer remaining workers more dependant on government programs which leads to Demoncratic politicians having job security and ensures the source and flow of illegal campaign monies from the Red Chinese government.

"No, you Honor, as a lawyer and an elected Demoncratic politician I didn't think the law barring bribes from known Red Chinese spies applied to me." - Al Gore

Reply to
Billy Ray