Oil prices got you down?

Yep, what did Hussien do since then? Or was W's invasion just a delayed reaction? "He tried to kill my daddy..."

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yes, I suppose the Saudi royal family is just a run-of-the-mill stockholder...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

No, he is just finishing the job that George Sr. started.

Reply to
Billy Ray

The Pentagon is a legitimate military target for an enemy of the US, it is a high value installation.

An office building is not.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Jesus will see these people soon enough.... or Mohammad..... and the terrorists can try to justify their actions. Will their God turn the other cheek or demand an eye for an eye?

As for a new international contract.... well..... We have no problems working and trading with peoples who mean us no harm.

The only contract a terrorist understands is "payback's a b*&ch."

Reply to
Billy Ray

Bill, Matt already espoused his delusion that the Gulf War #1 was only to prepare reason for "W" to start Gulf War #2

Reply to
Billy Ray

He failed to keep any of his agreements that ended Guld War #1

He continued to attack and murder innocient people.

Reply to
Billy Ray

(sigh)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Hmm, so the Saudis sell their oil to....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

So it was a delayed reaction...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Criteria like that means we should be invading about half the countries in Africa adn removing their regimes. Oh wait, his dad did that in Somalia a month before he left office, hoping to leave the next administration in a quagmire.

How many countries did Hussein invade after the Gulf War? How many WMD's did he have after the Gulf War? How much of the no-fly zones did he retake? How many planes did he fly into large American buildings?

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

No, he was finishing the job

Reply to
Billy Ray

He used WMD on his neighbors and his own people before the war and continued to claim he had stockpiles during and after the war.

Just because they haven't been found does not mean they do not exist. He was unable/refused to document their disposal so there was/is no reason to believe they do not exist.

George Sr. expanded the mission and then dropped the ball in Somalia. The only way to fight a war is to fight to win. The only job of the military is to kill people and break things. The side that does it best wins.

Reply to
Billy Ray

My bad. Meant Rwanda.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

While genocide in unconscionable I'm not sure Rwanda holds any strategic value to the US. It is interesting to note that none of their African neighbors rushed in to help.

Reply to
Billy Ray

Wish he'd finish his own wars before he tries to finish his dad's.....

Actually, to get back on topic, I think he has a swell idea in building new refineries (and nuclear power plants) on the military bases that are scheduled in the near future for closing. That hopefully will help to bring prices down, since a lot of the recent gas price increases are blamed on our current refining capacity.

Though closing military bases during a war might be a questionable concept....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

That's what we say. But if you listen carefully to what our enemies are saying, "There are no non-combatants". I don't agree entirely with Mr. Ward Churchill, but I can see where a "terrorist" might.

What of Mr.Churchill's claim that "a CIA office was situated in the World TradeCenter"?

It is a strange kind of war, where one side sets all the rules and seems to have the power, not only to win, but to exterminate all our opponents if we they follow our rules. What's in it for them, if they do that? By your reasoning, a commercial airliner is not a legitimate target either, but one can't argue with its effectiveness as a weapon.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

The justification for widely dispersed bases was to make it harder for the Soviets to cause significant damage. Dispersed bases are more costly to run rather than consolidated ones.

That is the rationale, I don't know that the soviets aren't still a threat as their WMDs cannot be accounted for.

I don't want the US to be the world's policeman. That was one of the roles the UN was supposed to fill. It doesn't work though because it is run by politicians and bureaucrats. And I understand some countries reluctance, I would not want to surrender US sovereignty to.... say... Italian leadership.

Reply to
Billy Ray