OT, double dumb

needs a new job.

Reply to
Paul Calman

ROTFLMAO!!!! Thats a good one.

Reply to
jbjeep

Paul Calman did pass the time by typing:

Hehe.. That's what they make outriggers for, like on that second truck.

Reply to
DougW

Actually, he had one outrigger out (pic 4) you can see it at the bow of the orange dinghy and again in pics 9&10. The trouble is, he only had one out about 24". What went wrong? He gets to the dock and realizes he's undersize to extend the boom so he parks at an angle in order to reach. He doesn't fully extend the outrigger on the load size and doesn't use the other one at all. ALWAYS use both outriggers! If he was perpendicular to the load, I'll bet even extended 24" on BOTH sides he would have saved it. He had too much load on the right front spring and not enough on the outrigger. That second truck was overkill for the car... he could have recovered from the other side of town! At least he had sense enough to use both outriggers and park perpendicular to the load.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Cherokee-LTD did pass the time by typing:

Ah.. I can see it now. Could have got all the spectators to act as ballast, since they were just hanging around. Nah, Shoulda called a heavier truck. I've seen tow truck drivers walk away from a tow because they didn't want to risk messing up their rig.

Reply to
DougW

The guy in the third pic down.(grey jacke) Where'd he go in the fourth pic? He oughta be in the olympics!

As an aside,Only an idiot picks heavy things over the side of a crane.Should be square with the load.

The bigger rig seen later does the same but with outriggers.Smarter.

Reply to
David V.N.

Yep, that is amusing. I assume they don't get snow or sleet there. If they do, that parking area would be extra treacherous.

Reply to
Hoodoo

Is anyone able to still view the photos? I just navigated to them again and they won't load for me even though the rest of the webpage looks intact.

I then used the actual address of the first photo,

it doesn't load for me as well as the nine other photos don'tlaunch from their collective link index webpage at

I wanted to send the link to someone but fortunately test viewed the original forum webpage to learn of this situation.

Reply to
Hoodoo