Question on TJ (rubi)error code

Everytime I 4 wheel on a trip I get a code thrown P 2096. Now granted this error is never thrown when driving on highway or even on the trail moving.

The only thing I can think is when night comes, I like to run the radio without the engine for long times or sometimes I use a little converter to let my older son watch a 7" TV. So every hour or so I will let the engine idle for 30 minutes so as to recharge the battery. This is where I think the error is getting thrown. Could this be normal?

I do now that there was a recall on my tranny so I did take it in for the "fix". I wonder if there is an exhaust leak somewhere? I certainly dont hear it tho.

Reply to
ULB

P2096 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System To Lean, Bank 1

I suspect the idleing is getting the cat too hot. You would be better off getting a deep cycle optima and a battery isolator so you didn't have to run the engine at all. The cool thing is the optima can be put anywhere as long as the power cable is properly sized.

Reply to
DougW