Re: clutch pump going? '96 cherokee

Sounds like a clutch master or slave cylinder. Best bet is to to do both but if $$ are the driving factor, Pick one to try first unless someone can recommend a procedure to determine which one is leaking (bypassing internally).

On my '96 Jeep Cherokee, the clutch is starting to need to be pumped now and > again or it will not go into gear at a stop. I suspect the hydraulic pump > to be going. I checked the fluid and it is full. Any thoughts on this? Is > it easy to fix? Am I on the right track? > > Curt > >
Reply to
Alex Lloyd

A wee bit different.. I have a 98 Wrangler but I just had all the hydraulics replaced at a garage. Total with labor and parts was $280, give or take a few bucks.

Reply to
Evan

Thanks for the advise. I'm thinking about doing this myself. Is it a tough job? Any recommendations on a site that shows how to replace these parts?

Thanks, Curt

Reply to
curt

That's not too bad (280). I was thinking of doing the job myself due to the $ situation. Now I just need to know how to do it.

Thanks for the reply, Curt

Reply to
curt

Not a tough job at all. 4 or 5 nuts or bolts I think. If it is the one that comes as a set, it just bolts on and away you go. I think they come filled with fluid too.

Mike

curt wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Now that is what I like to hear. I will have to do it this week. It is getting so I have to drive with no clutch at all. Kind of a pain in the butt at red lights.

Curt

message

Reply to
curt

Make sure there is no air in the system. this will also cause it tohave to be pumped up. john

Reply to
johnny