Re: Rock chips, from the inside.

Hahahahaha!

Reply to
Seahag

My husband is supremely grateful that I scratched Clemie first. I was washing and waxing, playing with her parts in general. When I opened the hood to poke around the engine I sorta forgot to fold the wipers back onto the windshield. Got two big 'V' shaped scratches on the hood...

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

I must be reading that wrong.

Of all places, I can think of more romantic (and more comfortable!) than under the Jeep.. that said, I guess it depends on how much you love your vehicle ;)

Reply to
Jason Backshall

: > Silly girl... : >

: > Everyone knows AJAX is stronger than dirt. : : I must be reading that wrong. : : Of all places, I can think of more romantic (and more comfortable!) than : under the Jeep.. that said, I guess it depends on how much you love your : vehicle ;) :

LMAO! Well, if you have a moving blanket spread under there because you were looking at stuff and the opportunity presents itself... and the pipes are cool, I bet that there are some good foot holds.

I'll ask hubs... HEY HONEY!

He says "Sure, why not!" Whatta guy!

Reply to
Kate

Reply to
Will Honea

: > "Steve G" wrote: : > : Kate, look for "Dent DR" in the phone book or at a body : > shop, they are the : > : ones doing the dry ice thing, no repaint needed either i : > believe. : > : : > Great idea but the goddamn paint is cracked too. : >

: > Hell it's a Jeep, I suppose I can get used to it. : > But WHY so soon!!!!! : >

: > Naw, I'll be ok. : : My husband is supremely grateful that I scratched Clemie : first. I was washing and waxing, playing with her parts in : general. When I opened the hood to poke around the engine I : sorta forgot to fold the wipers back onto the windshield. : Got two big 'V' shaped scratches on the hood... : : Seahag :

Oh god! I did that with my Cobra, knocked a dime size chip out of the hood. I knew then that my stupidity was confirmed.

Luckily I was able to repair it so that it was nearly invisible but I always knew it was there.

I bet that you were just sick over it and probabaly still kick yourself.

Reply to
Kate

Thanks Will, it DID crack the paint. not a lot but enough. I'm gonna scratch my head over this for awhile.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Well put a band-aid on the boo-boo and get on with life!

=)

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

LOL

But WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH It's an OWIE!

just kidding. really, not that big of a deal. good advice

: >>Thanks Will, it DID crack the paint. : >>not a lot but enough. I'm gonna scratch my head over this for awhile. : >>

: >>Kate : >>

Reply to
Kate

I sort of freaked and slapped some touch-up paint on it...too bad the hood was hot:^(

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

"Seahag" wrote : : I sort of freaked and slapped some touch-up paint on : it...too bad the hood was hot:^( : : Seahag : Awwwww that's too bad. Did you ever git it fixed?

Reply to
Kate

Kate, I don't see what the problem here is, I mean this is a JEEP we are talking about, and things like that are just badges of honor on a JEEP. This ain't no Liberty anymore. Heck before I made the first payment on my JEEP, it was in some of the nastiest woods I could find in the North Ga. Mountains getting lots of little wounds. I can only assume that because you got a Rubicon that you bought it to go and not for show. So slap some wax on the ding to keep it from rusting a go hit the woods for some more.

Tom

Reply to
cantrelm

You are correct.....but there is nothing wrong with trying to keep your rig in clean/pristine shape. Reminds me of a time A fellow I see every morning at the local gas stop for coffee, once barked at me when I didn't wash my Rubie after a few days from mudd'n I said to him "It's normal for a Jeep to get dirty" He said "Yes maybe so, but it doesn't have to stay that way (dirty)" Kinda like treating the jeep like you would yourself After getting yourself dirty you wash. (Atleast I do) :-)

cantrelm wrote:

Reply to
FrankW

Ya know Tom, I realize that it's "Just an F-ing Jeep" and that it WILL get bumps. I DID get it to take out and play in and if it had been a trail dent, that would have been different.

BUT

It's MY &*%# JEEP and if I want to get pissed off because a rock from my driveway flew up and dented the fender, than I will. I'm not pissed any more though, but I am not going to leave it. I'll knock it in and hit it with a touch up. That's the main reason I wanted white. They salt when it clouds over in this part of the country. and rust is what my concern is.

I like to take care of my toys. They last a lot longer that way.

Got it? Good! Now quit picking at me.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Critters of high viscosity that don't move around much...... (No relation to the pix, just what I thought when I read the line....) Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Kate, Sorry! No offense was meant, and I was not trying to pick at you. I was just trying to say that Jeeps are tough and can take what you throw at them. If I offended you in any way please forgive me.

Tom

Reply to
cantrelm

Ok, so get a BIG band-aid! =) They even make em with OUCH written on them. lol. (I see them on hot-rods a lot)

I know how you feel. At least it wasnt some bimbo in a parking lot that did the first damage to you.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

oh hey, forgot to mention... clear nail polish is your freind. clean it up and put some on it to keep the water out of it - no rust that way. I use it on rock chips all the time.

Reply to
jbjeep

Not according to the rednecks around here. They believe Jeeps were born to stay filthy/dirty/muddy, and I get ribbed because I run my TJL through the car wash 2-3 times per week. I have an unlimited wash pass, and I use it.

I used to hear this same crap at work because I kept the desk clean. Everyone figures, if it's clean, it never gets dirty. Bah. Proof-positive that yer average Joe don't know CHIT. Fact is, some of us just can't live in filth. To each their own.

And I figure that if it's broken, fix it. Git-R-Done, Kate.

Reply to
JD Adams