Re: XJ lift/control arm question.

What is the most I can lift my 99 XJ before I have to go with longer lower

>and upper control arms?

Probably 3" or so. You would benefit from longer lower control arms at that height bu they probably aren't absolutely needed.

3" will get you enough lift to fit 31's without cutting sheetmetal.
  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

I lifted mine 4 1/2 " and have never had a problem on middle class rocks and gullies. did replace with longer shocks. john

Reply to
johnny

But do you have any problems with front end angles? ie caster, u-joint angle, etc. It seems like that much lift would cause the axle to be rotated, changing your drivetrain angles.

Reply to
kid4lyf

without longer control arms, the ride will suck, the caster will be off and you will pull to one side. Also when you hit something just right with your front tire it will punch your front drive shaft right into your transfer case and take it out when the flimsy stock arm folds. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
johnny