replacing antenna

I need to replace the antenna on my '96 Jeep Cherokee. My aftermarket manual doesn't show the antenna mounting. The Jeep has A/C and I can't see the mount when looking up under the dash. How does the antenna come out? Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Shaw

Reply to
Jim

It is up under the fender.

Mike

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Hi Mike,

What is the best way to get to the bottom of the antenna?

The nut under mine is rotating.

Dave G

Reply to
Dave G

You have to take the plastic liner out. There are screws buried in there holding it. I think the easiest is to remove the tire so you can get your head in to see them.

Mike

Dave G wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Better to turn the wheels to the right. It might be easier getting to the antenna with the wheel off but it's far safer to leave the wheel on.

Reply to
DougW

True, I neglected to mention using a frame jack stand as well as a jack and I also toss the tire under the frame rail by the door for extra protection.

'Never' go under a vehicle that is only supported by a jack!

Mike

Mike Romain