Rubi Rubi - Rubi will you be mine....

I started out with a wussy-unibody cherokee, too. Upgraded to a Wrangler. :-D

Carl

Reply to
Carl

JD-

No special bumper is needed for a winch on a Wrangler. Warn sells a mount bracket that fits it between the frame rails right in front of the grill. You just remove that little plastic "Jeep" trim plate.

HTH

Carl

Carl

Everything I have seen seems to point in that direction.

: > Are you a member of this organization Bill?

Reply to
Kate

I think it would be too. Don;t know if I could keep up with you kids, but I'd sure try ;¬ We're definitely going to camp Jeep this year. Huh, maybe with the new one they will let me in for free. LMAO mmot likely but it's a good thought.

Reply to
Kate

I'll be darned - thanks for the info, Carl. This makes my decision to install a winch a whole lot easier.

-JD

Reply to
JD Adams

Kate:

How about a Jeep Jamboree. They are 3-day weekend events. I went to my first one last fall. Gateway to the Cumberlands. Great time. I highly recommend it. I'm going again this year, October 6, 7, 8 in Williamsburg, KY.

Check out the Jamborees here:

Tom

Reply to
mabar

if you are close enough, check out the canadian ones too...

jbjeep

Thanks! I will!

: > I think it would be too. : > Don;t know if I could keep up with you kids, but I'd sure try ;¬ : > We're definitely going to camp Jeep this year. Huh, maybe with the new one : > they will let me in for free. : > LMAO mmot likely but it's a good thought. : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Kate

I have a friend in Canada that I have been looking for an excuse to go see. Thanks Jenn!

: >>How about a Jeep Jamboree. They are 3-day weekend events. I went to my first : >>one last fall. Gateway to the Cumberlands. Great time. I highly recommend : >>it. I'm going again this year, October 6, 7, 8 in Williamsburg, KY. : >>

: >>Check out the Jamborees here: : >>

: >>

: >>Tom : >>

: >>> I think it would be too. : >>> Don;t know if I could keep up with you kids, but I'd sure try ;¬ : >>> We're definitely going to camp Jeep this year. Huh, maybe with the new one : >>> they will let me in for free. : >>> LMAO mmot likely but it's a good thought. : >>>

: >>>

: >>

Reply to
Kate

Yup, no problem. The plate is 3 pieces, assembled with 4 bolts. It bolts the frame with 4 bolts, the weldnuts are all ready in the frame. The winch attaches to the plate with 4 bolts. Run the cables under or thru the grill and you are done! Be sure you leave it unhooked from the battery when you aren't using it.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

See perfect excuse! And, it costs us less (right now anyway), especially if you sign up early.

Reply to
jbjeep

Hi Carl, Any idea what these plates cost? No note on this on their website....

Tomes

It's about $100, IIRC. It is very heavy duty, and all ready drilled to accept any Warn winch execpt the upright. They have a special one for the upright. I had to modify mine to fit my 150ft drum, but it held up well.

HTH

Carl

Carl

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III