sloshing gasoline

If I have 1/4 tank or less and turn sharply, the fuel appears to slosh to one side of the tank resulting in loss of fuel (and power) for a second or two. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a solution besides keeping the tank full?

Thanks, Dennis

97 Wrangler Sport
Reply to
Dennis Cox

L.W.(ßill)

I would guess your fuel gauge is off and you are actually lower then 1/4 tank. Fuel also helps lube and cool the fuel pump, so I'd say stick with keeping your tank atleast 1/2 full. Nick

Reply to
Nick N

You can either fill the tank or not turn so sharply.

Reply to
CRWLR

On 13 Jan 2004 01:50 PM, Dennis Cox posted the following:

Build a custom tank with internal baffles to control slosh.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

I had the exact symptoms on an S10 blazer. Long story short, I had quite a bit of water in the tank. Ran fine with lots of gas in the tank, but down near a 1/4 tank, I'd start to stall around turns and up hills.

Reply to
NickT

This almost sounds like a float problem in the carb and not a gas tank problem.

Reply to
Jeepster

Oooops ..... :)

97 Wrangler with a carb ....... duh., soetimes I type before I read.
Reply to
Jeepster