Opinions on Equus electric oil pressure gauge

Anyone know if this gauge is reliable? It is the Equus oil pressure gauge (electrical) which is not available at Walmart (Canada) like the other cheap mechanical o/p gauge. I want this electrical one and dont want those high ends like StewartWarner or Autometer.

I emailed their sales support and they said it would have to be ordered from their online store.

Larry

Reply to
lpdcunha

I have a "SunPro" mechanical gauge in my '62 Stude; it seems to be working fine. I prefer a mechanical gauge because there's simply less to go wrong; it's cheap and backlit and looks pretty much like a 60's Stewart-Warner gauge. Also the mechanical gauges usually have a 270 degree sweep rather than a 90 degree sweep of the electrical gauges, making them easier to read. I believe they are also available in white face.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Thanks for the reply. But I was looking for electrical because I was thinking mechanical oil/press could be difficult for installation - and possibly risking an oil leak later on.

The electrical gauge, based only on a voltage signal, was recommended for my car (2003 Mazda Protege5) Easier for install and less worry for operation.

Any thoughts on mechanical oil/press gauge installation issues?

Larry

Reply to
lpdcunha