Sway bar makes loud clanking

I have installed a 3 1/2 inch TeraFlex lift on my 02 TJ. I have 32 inch tires. Every time I go on a road or trail that is mildly bumpy and don't disconnect, I have really annoying clanks coming from the sway bar area. Is this normal from TeraFlex?

-- Jim from Cortez

02 TJ 98 XJ
Reply to
Jim

This question has probably already been asked and answered, but I don't know how to search the "archives" for it.

Some of my acquaintances say that I should disconnect the quick-disconnects and leave them that way all the time. I have to travel on the highway occasionally so I wonder if it will be safe with the sway bars disconnected.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jim from Cortez

02 TJ 98 XJ
Reply to
Jim

Reply to
David C. Moller

If you had relatively stiff leaf springs, then maybe I would suggest you leave the swaybars disconnected. But a coil spring set up like the TJ should have the swaybars connected on the road.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Got the Tera quick disconnects.

Jim from Cortez