Temperture Rising on '96 GC 4.0 w/167k

Lately the temperature gauge as been climbing to roughly 230f, usually stays @ 210f. This happens when I climb a hill, this is city and highway driving only. I thought that the belt might be slipping, so I changed that and the fan clutch was replaced a couple of years ago along with the water pump. So, I was wondering if any one has any suggestions. Thanks in advance......

Reply to
Ed Wojciechowski

Jerry Bransford

A two year old part is not necessarily good. Test the fan clutch by testing whether it turns easily when hot. If so, it has likely gone bad. Are the radiator and AC condensor clean? Have you flushed the cooling system lately? Do you have an electric fan in addition to the belt driven one, and if so is it coming on? Temperature gauge sending unit going off?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Themostat? Radiator?