This might not have been a good idea, but...

Don't worry about Bill, he never believes anyone. n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

It's pretty easy to misinterpret things when you're already on the defensive because people are calling you a liar... Having been called a liar, I totally understand... n.

Reply to
Nathan Otis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

No problem Travis, apology accepted, we all have our off days... ;-)

I was meaning exactly what twaldren says above, nothing more.

I guess I should have stuck a ;-) in there....

Haven't you heard that one before?

It's pretty common where I grew up. 'Buddy had a horseshoe up his butt' or 'forget the horseshoes, buddy had the whole damn horse up there'....

I looked at that photo and I know exactly how close you were to going, the look on the guy's face on the bumper says it all....

I have even had to jump on the door sill of one TJ once to stop him from going turtle down a ravine, but you can be damn sure I had my exit route planned out.

You had no out if it went over.

You were extremely lucky!

You should have gone out and bought a lottery ticket!

Mike

Mike Romain

Hey no sweat. I don't think any of us can say we haven't taken things the wrong way before.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

Mike,

I'm glad to see that someone else admits to having done this type of thing before. We all know it's not safe, but that never stops us. Our buddy Bill says no one ever jumps on a bumper to save a Jeep.

Daren

Reply to
D McMorris

Who the fawk cares what he says, it's done all the time since it often only takes a little bit of extra weight to prevent a rollover or tipover on a teetering Jeep or other 4x4.

Jerry

-- Jerry Bransford To email, remove 'me' from my email address KC6TAY, PP-ASEL See the Geezer Jeep at

Jerry Bransford

c'mon now.....thats not quite what he said. bill was referencing once the jeep has passed the point of no return im sure.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

You were lucky. Really lucky. Mike was right. You may have mis read him. That "horse up your butt" was your a reference to your extreme good luck (far more than just some horse shoes could have given you.) He's also right about the level of injury you might have incurred. Mike's a good guy. Try not to jump all over him.

Reply to
TJim

Unfortunately, that's one of the hazards of purely written conversation. That's exactly why the "emoticons" were created. :-)

Reply to
TJim

Hey, ease up, bllsht.

Reply to
TJim

OK, just noticed something that I missed earlier. I did not see your attached link for the JPG file of people holding you down. OK now the jokes on me because I did not see the link, I assumed you were being your usual cranky "real Jeep" A*s. Oh well, I'll have to move on and give you hell on some other subject.

Daren

Reply to
D McMorris

What the F*^& do you mean by that!?!?!

;-)

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Hey you want some of this?! LOL

Reply to
Scooby Don't

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Nathan Collier wrote: >> Our buddy Bill says no one ever jumps on a bumper to save a Jeep. >

In Bill's defense, he said that while posting a link to a picture of a bunch of people jumping on a Jeep to keep it from rolling. It's safe to say Bill was being sarcastic...

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Well, if your gonna be like that, then I guess I'll apologize for my reply. :-)

Reply to
bllsht

Wow, free advice and I didn't even have to ask for it.

If you don't like my posts, please feel free to threaten me with your "kill file". In the meantime, I will ask for advice if I need it.

Reply to
bllsht