This might not have been a good idea, but...

a bad name. I believe your story as you posted it, and I am happy it all turned out OK. However, I would imagine you had to change your pants afterwards.... <

I guess I shouldn't bring up the time I broke a front brake line at the upper switchback on Black Bear Pass, huh?....

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

I guess every CJ built since the mid-70's ain't a real jeep....

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 20:39:34 -0500, "TJim" shared the following:

It wasn't easy. ;-) It involved a lot of trying to climb the hill, front end sliding to the left, backing up a little, trying to go up again, front end sliding left more, trying to "go with the slide" to get turned around so I could drive down the hill in 1st gear, realizing I didn't have enough room to do that when the rear bumper hit the wall, trying to go forward again, sliding some more... Man, I'll bet it was fun to watch. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 04:15:21 GMT, "Oscar_lives" shared the following:

Thanks Oscar. I'd prefer to not talk about the state of my underwear after the whole incident. ;-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

OK, I think I see your problem, here. This was the wrong thing to do. You never should try to turn around on a steep hill. You go stratght up or you back straight down in reverse.

I bet it scared the watchers out of their wits! LOL :-)

Reply to
TJim

Travis,

Your website says you are from Raleigh. I live in Raleigh and Jeep all the time. Just moved here earlier this year and am looking for people to wheel with. I put on 5 rides this year. Reply if you are interested. dmcmorris(at)nr.rr.com

Daren

Reply to
D McMorris

Hope you ran out and bought a lottery ticket while you still have the whole damn horse up your butt, forget just the horseshoes up there...

The last guy I know that tried to stop his vehicle with his leg ended up with his thigh bone sticking out near his ribs and minus one hip.

Mike

travis wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

Now you're catching on! ;-)

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 11:11:28 -0500, Mike Romain shared the following:

Thanks for your support, jerk. I said it probably wasn't a good idea. It was a spur-of-the-minute thing, and frankly if you don't like it then you can KISS MY ASS. Clear enough for you?

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 11:39:20 -0800, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

Sorry, I didn't think he sounded very nice talkin' about me having an entire horse up my butt. I said from the start that what I did probably wasn't a good idea. I'm glad I did it, though. If I hadn't my Jeep would be torn up right now. Instead it's just fine and so am I. No thigh bones poking through my ribs, no hip gone, etc, etc.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
twaldron

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 20:22:25 GMT, twaldron shared the following:

If that's the case then I'm sorry for my response. Sorry to fly off the handle, Mike. Your post sounded like...uh...I guess like what it wasn't supposed to sound like. Again, I'm sorry. Travis

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

No offense but it looks like what he was saying was that you have more than 1 horse shoe's worth of luck. Hell you have more than 4 horse shoes worth of luck. You have the whole damn horse! That's how it came across to me anyway. Glad you're ok.

Reply to
Scooby Don't

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:13:57 GMT, Scooby Don't shared the following:

Thanks. I guess you're right about his post, too. I said I was sorry for my response to him. :-(

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Take it easy man, we all know there's no room for a horse in your ass while your head's already there...

Reply to
bllsht

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:54:25 GMT, bllsht shared the following:

I appologized after making an ass out of myself when I misinterpreted his post.