TJ AC compressor location (4.0)

What year did the compressor move from top passenger to bottom driver block mount?

My 2000 is bottom driver mount. If you have the bottom mount like mine could you briefly explain the AC hose routing?

Reply to
JimG
2000 was the first year...they moved the alternator up from the lower pass side to the upper pass side as well.

The hose running from the accumulator canister to the compressor is the suction line. The hose running from the compressor to the condenser is the discharge line.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I would still like to hear from someone with a 2000 TJ 4.0 with air. I am going to put air in mine and need to know how the 2 compressor hoses route. Also what does the connector block on the condenser look like (see link below) and how does the plumbing connect to the in-cab unit (right by the heater hoses).

I bought a factory kit that I was told was for a 2002 TJ. It has the short hoses for a passenger side compressor mount. This is part of the confusion, I saw a picture of a 1999 TJ and the compressor was high passenger mount where my 2000 is setup for low drivers side. Surely they didn't move the position of the compressor twice?

JimG

Reply to
JimG