transfer case

hi, i have a 4 cyl 99 tj. when i shift from 4hi to 2wd there is a kind of chunk sound, when this happens you can also feel when it drops into gear. while driving in 4hi, it seems to be somewhat sluggish as well, has anyone had this issue before? and if anyone has, what work needed to be done to fix the problem? thanks pat

Reply to
pat

L.W.(ßill)

What I do is unload the transfer case by either coasting a bit or backing up before trying to shift to 2wd. Of course I have been working with mechanical equipment for so long I can look through the floor boards and tell whether the transfer case is bound up or not. Sometimes I don't even look, because I can just feel it...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to