What did everybody get for Jeepmas?

I got:

New entry guards

ARB Snatch strap Tree saver strap

2 Mega-shackles

Maps, maps, and more maps!

Kilby gas tank skid plate

SkyJacker Traction bar.

I installed the Kilby tank skid plate yesterday. Man, I hate dropping the tank! That one little short vent hose and the two main hoses are a b***h to attach.

The traction bar will require some mods; it's made for the stock D35 axle. It has to be cut to fit the Dynatrac 60 and one of the plates welded to the cast diff housing by someone with the skill (and cajones) necessary to do so.

Other recent mods I've done include installing a pair of hoodlifting gas struts. Luxury!

Reply to
Cal Wheeler

I got some new mirrors. I can't wait to bang these on a tree.

Reply to
Arvin

Arvin, read this:

TJim

My wife got new BFGs, new OEM stamped steel wheels, new boomarang rear shackles and new currie front towbar shackles and a new towbar and a "snakelight style" dash light. Lucky girl. I got to work on a Jeep for Christmas tho. :^)

Reply to
Jeepers

Didn't get diddly for X-Mass just some chrome for the bike but for my birthday in February I will be getting a brand new shinny 04 TJ model TBD.

My very first new one, I have restored 5 in the past from a 44 willies to a

69 CJ for my son, so it will feel good to get in one turn the key and go. I am anticipating the feeling and the new smell.

Now on the other hand, Santa delivered a brand new shinny 04 Grand Cherokee fully loaded for the wife.

Reply to
HarryS

Wifey got me a Big Tex flatbed trailer to bring the Jeep to far-flung trailheads. I flat towed a lot with my Ford Superduty and occasionally, panic stops were real puckerish. The trailer brakes will help with that. And now I can back up!

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

My wife got me a $35 gift card for AutoZone so I can buy a tail pipe for the CJ7 my inlaws got me a battery Jump-Pack/Power inverter/flashlight/air compressor to carry along incase of emergency. My dad gave me $ to buy a hitch for the Grand Cherokee My mom gave me $ to buy a new recliner so I can relax after working on the Jeep.

Reply to
aGraham

Craftsman 15" drill press Craftsman 6" vise Delphi XM Radio personalized Jeep shirt with a silkscreen picture of mine on the back

Now I can make that oversized tire carrier I've been needing (while listening to the XM).

Reply to
JimG

GPS Topo USA 4

275 amp roll-around automatic battery charger 3 1/2 ton floor jack Happy Family.
Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

CB goodies! CB and mount, antenna and mount. No more yelling out my windows at people! :-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Got nothing new for the Jeep for Christmas!

BUT over the past 2-3 months, it did get:

- new Dynatrac Pro-Rock60 frontend and HD hi-steering,

- two new front RS9000X (RS99036s) shocks (I moved the RS9012s that were up front to the back),

- front long-travel shock hoops (M.O.R.E)

- extended bump stops (M.O.R.E.)

- refabricated the rear upper shock mounts so the shocks sit at about a 45degree angle using XJ lower mounts (gained over 4 inches of shock length/travel - desperately needed on the YJ rear).

Given this list, if I would have mentioned "Jeep" at Christmas my wife would have shot me in the ass. Ouch. :)

Hey Cal, what are "Mega-shackles"? Also, why bother with the rear trackbar on the YJ? Some will tell you it is for safety purposes on the road, but I ditched mine about 10 yrs ago and haven't noticed a bit of difference in handling.

Terry

92YJ

Reply to
Terry Jeffrey

i agree. i have never seen any difference in handling after removing the trackbar on a leaf sprung jeep.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

The ZJ got

6 qts of oil 6 spark plugs 1 oil filter Replacement left turn signal New CPS sensor Rear trackbar bushings

:/

Oh well.

Reply to
DougW

If ya read it fast it almost sounds like the countdown in the "Twelve days of Christmas"

"7 trackbar bushings

6 quarts of oil Fiiive spaaark pluuugs For CPS sensors 3 oil filters 2 fix the Jeep And a Replace-ment Lefturn sig-nal."

O.k. maybe not.

Reply to
Jeepers

I got some adjustable door straps.

one of the new acustic brief bikini tops

Taz seat cover (mine got all sun faded somehow hehe)

and a denim jeep hat.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Hupe

Not a darn thing for the Jeep this year. =(

Reply to
jbjeep

I think I need to get mine tuned... I don't know for sure though. I haven't done anything other than install it and use it a couple of times.

Reply to
Eric

I got a nice set of seat covers.

And some nice long clamps for repairs on things like my 'glass body and a couple nice flashlights, a Coleman and a mini Mag light.

Mike

Mike Romain