what exactly happened here?

You ARE Billy Ray, you ARE! I swear! I said he is 'one - of - my - favorites"

not my mostest favoritest

Sheesh.. You can have the big half of my candy bar, ok?

Kate

: > Awww geeze.... : > c'mon now, : > you know you're one of my favorites. : >

: >

: : :

Reply to
Kate

No, not one bit but are you so bull headed that you think your continual response and antagonism will help the situation at all?

: > Just what makes you so goddamn proud of pissing off people like this and : > then having them follow you from group to group posting their ilk and : > annoying everyone in all of the groups involved? : >

: > Honestly Bill, you might try considering the consequences of your actions. : > Eventually even those that respect your knowledge and sense of humor may : > even turn the other way because of your 'fan club'. : > People have a low tolerance for bullshit, and that's what this is. I know : > that I am certainly sick to death of opening the group to see all of the : > posts about your supposed affection for barnyard animals. : >

: > I suppose that this being the case I could leave, but unlike some people I : > am not normally one to be chased off by undesirables, I like to be the one : > to do the chasing. : >

: > So, how about you try doing whatever it is you have to do to get these guys : > to leave you alone? Next time don't antagonize them. : > This all falls back on YOUR shoulders, you have to be the one to deal with : > it. : > It's time for you to clean up the mess that you tracked into the house Bill. : >

: > Damn kids, dress them all up, wash behind their ears and they STILL : > embarrass you in front of rich Aunt Tillie. : >

: > Kate

Reply to
Kate

okay....

Reply to
billy ray

Bill, How did they follow you here? Are these cross posts showing up on all boards of which you are a member?

Reply to
billy ray

IMO the bulk of his "knowledge" comes from an admittedly impressive ability to dig up information, but knowing where the book is in the library (and how to read it out loud), does not an expert make.

Welcome to the Mind of Bill. It's generally only a pretty place as long as you agree with whatever he spouts.

Reply to
Tom Greening

Bill has helped me with several questions I had. I've found him to be a valuable resource.

I've also found him to be obstinate old cuss but that is Nancy's problem..

Reply to
billy ray

Bill has helped me with several questions I had. I've found him to be a valuable resource.

I don't agree with all his opinions but he is still allowed to have them.

I've also found him to be obstinate old cuss but that is Nancy's problem..

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Billy Ray,

It is so easy to find someone on the Internet, if they have any kind of presence at all. I figure Bill turned in a spammer, or an abusive poster, who was using a valued email address or account, for his nefarious activity. Poor little troll, lost his account. Usually they learn. It is rare for this amount of vindictiveness to be seen, but it happens.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

"billy ray" wrote in news:cf1b7$444b8a4c$48311525$ snipped-for-privacy@FUSE.NET:

Go to Google Groups and enter rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys into the search engine, find this thread, find your post and click on your profile. You'll see in which groups you've posted.

Reply to
XS11E

"Kate" wrote in news:KeL2g.4505$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

I'm not sure he can stop it, the one he irritated seems to be rather persistent.

Reply to
XS11E

My Norton's spam filter is doing its job. I just was on Google's RAMJ+W portal and there are a ton of threads that never came through to me..

Reply to
billy ray

Kate,

I have seen newsgroups broken up by abusive posters and the conflicts they generate. Whatever Bill did, I am sure it was justified. It is like turning in a litterer on the highway, or a vehicle in the HOV lane, with one occupant, or a child abuser, or calling 911 when you see a burglar break into your neighbor's house, or wolf poachers. Somebody has to do it.

I had to turn in a prominent member of my community once, for breaking the law. I thought about it quite a while. I realized that there would be some people who did not understand, who did not want to understand. I thought about the fact that the low life scum and his friends would try to libel me, much as these cowards are libelling Bill, and that some people would believe them. Several people asked me not to do it, because of the "damage" that it would do to our community. Well, now I know who my real friends are.

Not turning the scum in, is never an option.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

The only thing I'd disagree with about what Kate said was that Bill's tormentors are angry. They're not. They're having fun, and they're having it at his expense (and at the expense of anyone else who takes it marginally seriously).

To break it down:

  • Bill's the one spending time and effort sifting through headers and trying to track down the posts' origins.
  • Bill's the one spending time and effort to report his findings to providers who may/may not care about what's happening -- if they're even the appropriate providers in the first place.
  • Bill's the one spending time and effort to respond to each post.

And ultimately:

  • Bill's naive enough to think that all his time and effort is going to make a bit of difference because as quickly as he might be able to get an account nuked, new ones are created.
  • Bill keeps encouraging them to continue by obediently fetching every stick that's thrown.

Unless Bill (and anyone else who's getting upset by what he brought here) learns to simply ignore posts that offend/don't interest him/them, it's going to continue...and probably escalate. Like it or not, there's ~25 years of usenet history to back that up.

~Ted (returning to lurker mode)

Reply to
The Lord of Eltingville

It's easy Billy Ray, I have that fool with the poser Jeep following me through usenet spouting off 'blatant' lies because I pissed him off. All you have to do is Google someone to find out where they post to stalk them.

Mike

Mike Romain

All perfectly valid points Earle but that is ASSUMING that what Bill did was something good. We all know what happens when we assume.

I remember his very first post to me was telling me to get a REAL Jeep. He then proceeded to disrespect my brand new pride and joy for several posts, because it was not HIS idea of a REAL Jeep. What a crock of shit. It went about a yard up my ass. Face to face, I'd have given him a piece of my mind.

He can be abrasive from the get-go and I am just saying that he may have brought this on himself.

I'm not saying he DID but he could have. Furthermore, I think he likes the attention. He has successfully become the center of attention in this and other groups simply because of his 'fan club' It's like walking onto a grammar school play yard at times.

I have not been in this group long but I have been on Usenet for something like 12 years - you remember, back in the day? When you logged onto the server in a little black screen.

These are particularly crafty vile little trolls. But I'm telling you, they didn't just choose him from the herd because he is soft spoken, gentle natured, good old Bill. He did something to piss them off. Note - THEM. More than one person even.

I think I may even have a fair idea of who one of them is and I'm betting that no matter how hard Bill tried, if it is who I think it is, he will NEVER get the guy.

If I had the time or interest I would google it to see where it started. But I just don't care about it that much.

Ya'll can pat him on the back all you want. IN THIS CASE I'd like to put my boot in his ass and tell him to grow the hell up.

On another note, it's in the 70's outside and my Jeep is calling to me. Can you hear it? "Katieeeeeee... come put the top down.... lets go for a drive!"

That means, I'm outta here :)

Kate

Reply to
Kate

By the way Mike - I owe you an apology. I thought the guy might be genuine the first tiem he posted. You spotted him from the get-go.

Sorry I defended him to you when you were right about him trolling for votes.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

No problem Kate, I still am not 'sure' about him, but...

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

: > By the way Mike - I owe you an apology. : > I thought the guy might be genuine the first tiem he posted. You spotted him : > from the get-go. : >

: > Sorry I defended him to you when you were right about him trolling for : > votes. : >

: > Kate : : No problem Kate, I still am not 'sure' about him, but... : : Mike

Me either but the second post was kind of pushing it.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

"Kate" wrote in news:W_N2g.26463$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews8.bellsouth.net:

I'd like to, how do I put the top down on a Grand Cherokee? Oh, wait, never mind, the top's already down on the Miata and you're right, it's time for a drive!

Reply to
XS11E