what exactly happened here?

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

twaldron did pass the time by typing:

My old C-10 Chevy had vinal seats. They wern't the problem. It was that nice shiny seat belt buckle! I still have scorch marks. :O

Reply to
DougW

I'd forgotten about the seat buckle...OMG! Also, I had a HURST T-handle shifter that was metal.....I used to put a red shop rag over it as a cover and used the rag to shift for the first 10 mins or so until it cooled.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

DougW wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

"Grumman-581" wrote in news:2uA3g.31653$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

???? We're talking about cool Texas summers aren't we? Where it never gets to a nice comfortable 122F like it does here....

Reply to
XS11E

...not all of us have that option...

Tirya

Reply to
Tirya

There is no way to block someone from posting on Usenet

anyone could just walk into a public library and use Google Groups, o use their Internet connection at work, or even a cell phone, etc. etc

This is just the way Usenet works

It's greatest strength is also it's greatest weakness

Jeff DeWitt Wrote:

-- admi

admin

In article , twaldron wrote: #Me either! Should be mandatory.

#jbjeep wrote: #> Cops tend to frown on me doing that.... #> #> I dont understand why. #> -jenn

Haha! Wow, that reminds me of a co-worker who alwayd talked about (but never acted out) running around work in her bra when it got too hot in the office. "It's no different than a bikini top..." Man, I miss her...

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

Yep, 4 bolts and they tip *real* good...

Reply to
Grumman-581

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Don't think those mothers were around when I was in... If they had been, we would have all been members of DAMM -- Drunks Against Mad Mothers... After I got out of boot (San Diego) and stationed on the main part of the base, we would have "beer ball" games on the weekends... Two kegs of beer, two teams, losing team had to pay for the kegs... You would sit in the outfield with your mug of beer and hope that no one hit the ball to you since you would then have to set you beer down... Assuming that you could still see the ball, of course... Made for rather long games...

Reply to
Grumman-581

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

YOU can use a killfile. So could Jeff DeWittless. Billygoat can't. He doesn't have the balls.

Reply to
Joeseph P. Blow

Reply to
Joeseph P. Blow

I used to have a pair of bath towels folded up behind the seats in the Cobra. When the leather got hot like that, just toss it on. Cause unlike you fellas... taking that t-shirt off and tossing it over my seat would get me arrested.

Kate

Reply to
Kate
**WAVING HAND WILDLY** Mine do! Mine Do!!!

: > So now you have piece of cotton that is on fire for you to sit upon... He is : > talking about a TEXAS summer, remember?

Reply to
Kate

I just don't get it. See.. you're a young attractive gal.. why should you get in trouble when ol Bubba can strut his beer gut and no one says a word.

It's just not right I tell you :)

Kate

: wrote: : : >> So we take our T-shirt off and put it over the seat. : >> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O : >>mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

:
Reply to
Kate

Oh man, me too! I was always so relieved to finally ease myself onto the seat without third degree burns that I would completely forget the branding iron there waiting for me to flop it across my lap.

Painful memory.

: >>Sitting on vinyl in the Texas summer is like using a jet fueled rocket : >>for a bun warmer. I go for the cloth!! : >

: >

: > My old C-10 Chevy had vinal seats. They wern't the problem. : > It was that nice shiny seat belt buckle! I still have scorch marks. :O : >

Reply to
Kate

This is true, but Google Groups requires one to provide an identity, or at least a valid email address, before posting. The possible penalty for abuse is loss of posting privileges on Google and loss of mailing privileges. Now Hotmail accounts are free, as are Google privileges, but it does take some effort to set them up. So you can lose something, if you are caught abusing privileges on Google Groups.

On the other hand, there is no at-risk investment with using anonymous remailers. It does take time to set up the encryption software and figure out the remailer routes, but once that is done, one can apparently post with impunity. Now if the abuse continues, at the present level, then changes in the structure of Usenet, to disallow anonymous remailers, is one possible result. If all the servers block postings through dizum.com, for example, then it is dead for this purpose.

I can see why anonymous remailers came into being in the first place. It is so people, with something to hide, can continue to express themselves publicly. Now I am all for free speech, but I am not so sure that free speech rights include being able to hide one's true identity. Whatever socially redeeming function these anonymous remailers are alleged to provide, it appears to be swamped by the sheer amount of garbage that they propagate.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I AM using a killfile :

doesn't mean the messages didn't make it to the usenet forum

Joeseph P. Blow Wrote:

-- admi

admin