what is max. gearing for a 95 YJ? 2.5L

My father-in-law has a 95 YJ with the 2.5L and 5-spd manual. Would he be able to put 4.88's in there or is he limited to 4.56's? I think it has 4.11's from the factory.

Thanks, John

Reply to
jmvannoy

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III
4.88 or 5.13.

Carl

Reply to
Carl
4.88 is the lowest he can go with a Dana 30 and Dana 35c. For 33" tires on a 2.5L equipped YJ with a 5-speed transmission, I'd definitely skip right over 4.56 and go with 4.88.

Jerry

Carl wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford