Where's the snow??

Some folks have all the luck.

We in SE Michigan just got a pitiful bout of flurries, with zero accumulation. I gotta move the the UP.

Matt

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

We got about 8" - 10" yesterday and last night. I hope it lasts a while, but I doubt it.

Later, Wing

Reply to
Wingman

Come to Rochester NY, we get about 100" (that's more the Buffalo) a year average...It's fun for about a week.

Reply to
Wood

Matt, I am in the SE corner of the UP, and we have nothing here yet, but I'm sure they have quite a bit up in the Munising area by now. I know they got pounded with snow a couple times already.

Chris

Crap man, I went away last Sat. and had to finish the last half of the drive in 4x4 due to snow.

Had to hit 4 low to get in the road to the cottage with snow almost up to my bumpers.

The storm was bad enough that there was no power up there until Sunday.

It was worth it, a nice fireplace and an outdoor hot tub we got heated up Sunday. Ahhh.....

On the trip back late Monday afternoon, it was 4x4 and 2nd or 3rd gear all the freaking way with total whiteout conditions. What normally is a

2 1/2 hour max drive turned into well over 6 hours.

I turned my Hella Black Magic lights so they hit the road 10' in front of me to hopefully light up the ditch if I got too close or any vehicle that popped up out of the snow in front of me. That worked, aimed low like that they didn't reflect off much of the flying snow.

I just love my BFG muds, they grab the snow just great.

Mike

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I was out shoveling the 7" we got between 6pm and 11pm last night, here in chilly (but not Damned Cold) eastern Connecticut. At least it was cold, light and fluffy stuff, usually our snow is heavy and wet. I haven't checked the weather report today, but last I heard there was at least as much more coming this afternoon.

The city added sidewalks to my street this past summer, doubling the amount of surface I have to shovel. Gotta make room in the garage for a snow blower...

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Oh, Oh. Bill is gonna post his beach cam photo again.

:)

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I'm on the west coast of Canada, what is this snow stuff you guys keep talking about?

Reply to
Greg

Look up, waaayyy up and you should see what we are talking about...

Doesn't Whistler have snow yet?

Mike

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Remember a few months ago when your province was on fire and you had burning embers and ash floating around? It's a lot like that only colder and we don't have to hose down the house afterwards.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Bill's beach cam is nice but check this out... you can control the camera Left, Right, Zoom in, Zoom out etc... Find a babe and zoooooom in!

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

On 06 Dec 2003 14:41:52 GMT, the following appeared in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspambgon (Matt Macchiarolo):

Requires an AOL sign-in account, but...

C'mon down to Maryland. We just got around 8" overnight, and you'll get the added thrill of morons who don't even know how to drive in rain, much less snow, but who insist on getting on the roads anyway.

Reply to
Bob Casanova

Yesterday afternoon at about 4pm we already had a few inches. Now we have about 8-9" total, plus bigger drifts. Looks like it's finally done here in central New Jersey.

Here is a pic from late afternoon yesterday with about 2 inches already:

I went out for a drive last night during the storm to my sister-in-law's house. It is a 30 mile drive on Rt 78 in New Jersey. On the way there it was still rush hour. Not much fun with all the cars sliding around the road. On the way back however I was the only vehicle in site for most of the trip except for plows and a lone H2 that seemed to be following me.

It was my first experience driving a SWB 4x4 in the snow and I took every advantage of the empty highway to find out how the TJ handles under those conditions.

Then I went to Pathmark, which was closed. I couldn't buy any donuts so I left them some instead. ;)

Reply to
Tim Hayes