Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Are Wrangler's Safe for First-time Drivers?
To have some fun, first read "Are Wrangler's Safe for Babies?" from 1997. I was the original poster of this question: Well, by "baby" turns 16 tomorrow. I want to get him a jeep for his birthday, but...
5
5

Thoughts on Duralast products?
Gotta redo the brakes before I don't have any.... Looking at AutoZone. The kits really are the same no matter where you buy them so it's down to the pads/shoes. Yea.. The add for Duralast almost...
2
2

Dang Blasted rust!!!
I got tired of the rear suspension on my '89 XJ trying to knock my dentures out with every crack in the pavement so I decided to swap out the Rough Country Add-a-Leaf boosted springs for some stock...
6
6

Plugs for Wrangler
Gonna change the plugs on my 2008 JK. Recommendations?? The cost seems to vary from about $2.50 to $14..... Want good plugs that can that a lot of slow, hot off road stuff as well as highway... They...
3
3

2001 GC - P/S leak
Our son was home for Easter. He has our old 2001 Grand Cherokee Laredo. Noticed a spot on the street. Opened hood. Looks like the Power Steering "area", just under the air intake & box filter. The P/S...
8
8

Expensive noises?
'89 Jeep XJ (4.0, AW-4, NP-242 T-case, 3.55 axles, 350,000 miles) Today I helped my son move an 83 Volvo with four flat tires that was sitting off pavement so he could put up a "portable garage"...
9
9

2005 wagoneer are valves torqued need specifications
just need to know if 2005 jeep wagoneer valves are torqued. need specifications.
2
2

Starting W/O SmartKey?
'05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: I tried to start the car for a friend (gone for 2 months) with a door key. It would start and kill after about 5 seconds...does this mean the car uses a SmartKey? Thnx!
1
1

97 ZJ 5.2 cooling leak
On the way to work today I noticed some coolant smell and steam coming from under the hood. I checked at work and there was coolant on the passenger side of the engine. I stopped off at NAPA on the...
19
19

97 ZJ Door hinge repair suggestions
The driver's side lower door hinge is separating from the door. The sheet metal is torn. This is clearly visible. Does anyone have any sage advice? My plan is to pull the door, hammer the hinge back...
11
11

FIXED: Little to no cabin heat 1998 Grand Cherokee
Inlet hose to firewall VERY HOT.... outlet hose from firewall COOL.. Pulled off both hoses at the front of engine and blew compressed air 1st in one h ose (dumping the gunk out) then reversed and used...
17
17

89 XJ Death Wobble now deceased
Previously I replaced my 9 front suspension and track bar bushings which seem to aggravate my wobble so I then replaced all my tie rod ends except the track bar. Then I set my toe-in to zero. On a 75...
6
6

You're not going to believe this, but
I dropped the passenger side lower control arm out to replace the bushings and the forward bushing fell out ... shell and all!!! Guess where most of my death wobble was probably coming from ... The...
6
6

Ten-HUT! Jeep makes World War II edition
"Ten-HUT! Jeep makes World War II edition" Lynn
1
1

Give us the best Jeep related bumper sticker you've ever seen
I've got some: H2 recovery vehicle Real Men drive Jeeps (next to it in the driveway on a dressed up Grand Cherokee) Real Women drive Jeeps and the best one: My Grandfather was a Military Veteran (on a...