Radio doesnt work at all

I just bought a used kia and the radio doesn't work at all. In the owners book it says a red light is suppose to come on so I can put in my code. I know the code,and of course my luck there isn't anything showing up even after disconnecting the battery cable. Also my clock comes on only when I hit a bump in the road. When it does come on it starts at 1:00 and goes only until 1 of 2 things, either I hit a bump it goes off, 2 it will only got to 1:09 then shuts off. When it comes back on it goes back to 1:00. Please someone help me before I really act like my name HA HA HA. Thanks Amy :-)

Reply to
Bichykitty

simple. the connector is loose. here's the fix. get a sharp paint scrapper. put the brake on, put the key in the ignition and put the car in drive without turning the engine on. pry out the black bezel that holds the radio. on the top back you will see a white connector. the cable sometimes gets caught behind the radio. push the connector in till it clicks and put it back together. the connector is cutting power to the radio and the clock. you keep loosing the code. someone must have changed the radio and didn't push the connector all the way back. it's a tight fit, but a simple fix. Steve

Reply to
helix