Re: Trunk release lever doesn't release trunk?

My personal opinion is that your dealer fed you a load of crap. There have been some issues with the Spectra hatch not opening because the spring is not strong enough to open the hatch past the secondary latch. I have had success with bending the spring tab upward.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for the tip. I will try it out. These are the same guys that told me the radio antenna is embedded in the window, hence the empty socket on the back fender. (They finally gave me one)....

db

hyundaitech wrote:

Reply to
Mandy

Thanks for the tip... my 2001 KIA Spectra's quirky hatch release problem has been driving me nuts since I bought it... :)

Reply to
farm2001