02 LR Disco II "Stuck in Park"

I have a US spec 02 LR Disco II, Stuck in Park with no breake lights, any suggestions? Car starts fine and everthing else seems to be functioning.

Reply to
samue23

If you sort the brake light issue, it'll move out of Park. It is fitted with a shift interlock solenoid, which only allows gear selection when the brakes are applied, due to USA legislation. I'd suggest you get your head under the dash and see if the wiring has come adrift from the brake light switch near the top of the pedal, if wiring is ok then disconnect it and short the 2 wires together - this will apply the brake lights and release the interlock, proving the switch is faulty. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Reply to
ranewman

Thanks for the info Badger and ranewman.

Reply to
samue23