101 - Silumlator for those intent on poverty.

I just blundered across this page on Al's site and thought it worth of passing on to anyone considering instant poverty , just add petrol ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

heheheheheh cool

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

Kevin reckons mine will do about 14mpg on LPG. In which case, it's going to be cheaper to run than the TD5 Disco, in fuel terms!

On the other hand, if I ran the 101 at 70mph, it would certainly not do

14mpg...
Reply to
David French

It really needs a Diesel David. A f^$^&$&* big diesel.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

I did wonder. However...

Because of the way the 6wd is set up, it would need major surgery if you replaced the LT95. As a 4-speed box, to my mind it's better suited to a powerful V8 than a torquey Diesel. I could put overdrive on it, of course, and this may help.

To start with I found the V8 a bit odd, but you do get used to it, and I think it's quite well suited to the beast. It's not going to break any speed records, but if I put something more meaty in, would the transmission be able to take the strain?

David

Reply to
David French

Automatic 4.6

No clutch which means you can use your left leg to help with the steering :o)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:49:26 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

very good. reminds me of

virtual harley.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

May I just remind all you 101 fans out there that Judge Dredd is on Channel 5 at 21:00 this evening.

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

yay

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

On or around Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:39:36 +0100, MVP enlightened us thusly:

cool. I bet it clashes with summat else, though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Has to be a LT95 for the 6wd though - and I don't think a 4.6 through an LT95 would last long before something broke somewhere (a half shaft at least).

Reply to
David French

Channel 5 wots that? Do you mean five? Not that we can get that either...

Round the world in 80 treasures and a Nick Middleton Travellogue on Ch4...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ta, just got my fix..... though I feel Mrs D may feel otherwise.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Doncha jus luv peepol hoo nik yer kode...

Reply to
Mother

Sure he didn't mean 'the equivalent of' - what with LPG being half the price?

Reply to
Mother

I'm taking orders for a new batch of LawGivers...

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:31:12 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

while it's likely to be thirsty, I'd have thought it'd be a bit excessive if it only manages about 7 mpg.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It's only a 3.5L - and effectively one and a half ambulances, with two spares on the back, a fair load and two additional LPG tanks. Much weight for a (in this case) fairly small engine. I'd have guessed at around 10mpg on a good run - driving carefully. With LPG this is more economically viable, still thirsty though.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:44:09 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

true, it must weigh plenty.

Reply to
Austin Shackles
84p at Asda last night. The day of the one hundred quid fill on the Rangie is looming.

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt