110 servicing

Hi All Can anyone recommend someone to service my 110 300 TDi in the area around Redditch Worcestershire Regards Thos

Reply to
Thos

On or around Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:56:14 GMT, "Thos" enlightened us thusly:

you :-)

seriously, though... ordinary servicing on a 110 is easy enough. If it's anything like the disco, then the oil will spray all over the track rod when draining it. I solve this with a piece of corrugated cardboard from a box standing in the drain pan and intercepting the oil.

All manner of filters will fit. Champion C145 is I think the correct one, but C102 or C150 will also fit - or will on the disco, anyway.

The advantage of DIY is that you know that it's been done, also what hasn't been done.

some time back, a chap I know had a renault clio, from new. Serviced by the garage he bought it form every time. at about 65000 miles, it started to misbehave, lacking power, and eventually it wouldn't pull more'n about 50. I said "diesel filter" - which it turned out to be. Garage had never changed it, despite it being on the list of service items every 15K miles.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thos

MJA Land Rovers in Bromsgrove are worth a try, independent, clean workshop and knowledgeable, enthusiastic staff. They diagnosed a problem on my 110 which no one else seemed to be able to.

They are on 01527 873058 and are at, Unit BH8, Buntsford Hill Business Park.

Andy Fox (Rugby)

110 V8

Reply to
Andy Fox