12D Transfer Boxes

Hi All, it's not often I get completely stumped but.....

Does anyone have a part number for the input gear for a 12D Suffix A transfer box - it's from a 2¼ Diesel or 2¼ Petrol 110, very early.

The parts books note that transfer boxes in that range exist, but that's it - no mention in any of the parts books, Microcat, fiches etc.

Land Rover themeselves cannot find a number!

So, has anyone changed the gear in one of these transfer boxes? If so, which gear did you use - does the Suffix B or C gear fit. I've searched all the usual sites, but no mention of the Suffix A box.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Got some old ex-army parts catalogues for early 90/110, will have a look in them later and mail you if I find anything. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

According to the info I have, the part number is FRC5428, fitted to 12D 110

4-cyl models. If you come across any surplus military stock, the NSN is 3040-99-7920840.

Never tried swapping them around, but I'm led to believe that A & B at least are interchangeable. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Cheers for that - the number corresponds to the Suff B box gear, so would seem logical.

Many thanks, Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd