1948-1951 Land Rover Valve Radio

GoodDay

I am looking for information on the longwave / mediumwave or Shortwave / Mediumwave valve radio.

The sort of information I am looking for is how to install it, circuit diagrams and any original pictures that show the radio.

Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down!

Reply to
Quail

Echo.....echo.....echo.....echo.....echo.....echo.....echo.....echo.....echo.....echo!!!!!

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

Although not at all common in Land Rovers at that time the sort of old radio installation that would be found in a vehicle of that age is hardly rocket science - just a few wires for power, earth, speaker and antenna. If you are after a radio set give The Vintage Wireless Co a call, they're in Cheshire on

0161 973 0438 (assuming that you're in the UK that is).

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

In article , AN6530 writes

It's aroused my curiosity: were any of the early Series positive earth, and did any of the variants (military, possibly) use return wires rather than the chassis for completing circuits?

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

(snip)

All Landrovers up to (about)1967 were positive earth (coincided with the move of headlamps into the mudguards). Many of those will have been converted to negative earth, as it is very easy to do (Did it to my Series

2a in 1966). I have never heard of any with a two wire system, but it is possible some were made, or more likely converted. JD
Reply to
JD

In article , JD writes

Thanks for that. AIUI, two wire circuits were used mainly on pre-war vehicles. They greatly reduced the propensity to rot, but I think the need for economy drove the concept out of use.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig