1996 Disco V8 - Consumption?

Hi

Thinking of changing my 1983 110 V8 for a 1996 V8 Disco. I currently get around

12-13 MPG with the 110 - any ideas what I might get with the Disco (normal road use)?

Thanks

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Probably more like 17 mpg with the Disco, or up to 21 mpg for steady motorway driving, it's transfer ratio is higher for a start.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Mine is a 1995 V8 and I get 10mpg around town and 14 on a run. My last 3.9 RR did 18 mpg on a run

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I used to get an overall average of 16/17mpg from my 96 Disco and it didn't make any real difference whether I was on petrol or LPG.

Reply to
SteveG

I get 22 on a run, no idea round town, but mines a series IIa hybrid with

3.5 V8 on SU's, 4 speed RR box with OD - on OD top its doing 30 MPH per 1000rpm - how does that stack up against the disco in fifth?

Gary

Reply to
Gary

Hi

I Have a L Reg V8i Per Gallon 18/20/25 depends on your Foot nice powerful machine good for towing & burning boy racers off & cheaper than derv £117.9 petrol £130.9 derv

Regards

Skinty

Reply to
Skinty