2002 Freelander yellow light

Major crisis. My 2002 model LHD freelander 1.8i was delivered with a 2001 RHD manual. It was in English so I didn't kick-off. Now I 've got a yellow gear-box shaped light on the dash permanently on,
which is only fitted to the 2.0D according to the manual. What does it mean? Can I drive it to the garage? TIA