Programming New Remote

Could someone please advise me on how to program a new remote keyless entry? My old one fell off my key chain somewhere and now I have to buy a new one and just hoping that one of you has the instructions to do this so I don't have to go to the Nissan dealer and get screwed out of alot of money when I could do it myself. Thanks so much.

Reply to
dixonhsv

Year of your Maxima? if it's from 1995-1999 - the instructions have been posted several times on this group - just do a quick search.

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Hey njmodi,

Thanks for your reply. I am new to all of this, where do I do a quick search and what should I put in for the search engine to look for? Thanks again.

Reply to
dixonhsv

typing "nissan remote programming" into google will give you thousands of results - here is one:

programing a Nissan remote , is hidden secret by Nissan Dealers. As a Nissan Technician i will share it.

Just get in your vech , close all doors. Using your power lock switch , lock all doors. After doors are locked take your Ignition Key and insert it and remove it from ignition switch in a slow fashion , but consitant pace. (97 and earlyer are fast) When you see the hazzard lights flash, put key in ignition switch and turn to the On postion .. Do NOT CRANK or you will have to Start over .. After in the On postion .. Hit the Lock button on remote... Hazzard lights should flash..( note..you have to reprogram all remotes when adding a new one , if you don't your old remotes will not work ) If your doing just the one , turn igntion switch off and unlock door and get out and try it. If you are doing more than one. While still in Vech with Key on . After you hit the Lock button on Remote and hazzard light flashed .. with key still on .. use master lock switch unlock doors and relock and then hit Second Remote, Lights should flash again , repeat if adding a 3rd remote.. after done just turn key off and unlock door and get out and try.

Reply to
Naxray